ALSAEK Browser Portable [offline]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
MJXP7

ALSAEK Browser Portable [offline]

#1 Post by MJXP7 »

[ Moderator note: the browser and link to the website mentioned below are offline and no suitable mirror could be found. ]

---

the site
http://www.alsaek.com/index_en.php

it is freeeee

to download
http://www.alsaek.net/?download=alsaek-en.zip

donald

Re: Download ALSAEK Browser Portable

#2 Post by donald »

I have not tried this browser yet because the only part of the web page in English is a download page without any explanation or details about the program.

I believe from the translation that it incorporates a lot of freeware into a web browser, and supports Arabic web addresses
and even includes a portable version. (Specific questions about the term detonator in use with a webbrowser, this is a bad translation right?)

A link to the translation is http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... ry_state0=
I will quote the page as translated by Google-translate:
Browser detonator
Key features of the program:
1- Program in Arabic
2- Support for Arabic domain: the ranges that have been supported in many browsers long ago, such as Firefox have been supported recently in Internet Explorer Version VII
3- Support for virtual domains: the bands were just created a default browser to the detonator so it is not supported by any browser other than the detonator, and you can browser in this type of domain type the domain name in full in Arabic, not just part of it
مhttp://www.Alsaek.arb Example of this type: the detonator. Arabs, flowers. Arabs, nature. Arabs and also ranges Inclaizip browser such as virtual private http://www.Alsaek.arb not test them in Internet Explorer, normal it does not work now in a browser but the detonator is Virtual Domains Turn the headings Saved
4 - google.com Search feature automatic ranges: in the case not found wide default is searched google.com for the expected range meant that the user and if they find the range being automatically go to him
For example: Try to write only the detonator, and then press Inter and so if you want access to the site did not mention can only be entitled to write the name of the site
5 - Multi-Browsing feature: It enables you to surf more than one page within a single
6 - attached to the free programs: a:
A: uTorrent UTorrent program through which you can download the Torrent files, and take advantage of the RSS service offered by many news sites, forums, other
B: Program SumatraPDF this program and you can read many e-books with a subsequent PDF and read by a number of the Adobe Acrobat Reader
C: Program Notepad2 famous for writing scripts and texts of the regular features additional regular notepad that came with Alondoz
D: Program GreatNews expressed and free to read the RSS feeds
7 - annex, and the search bar that allows you to search the Internet from the window of the program immediately
Bar and the detonator, which automatically bring addresses of news content or advertisements or any other subjects the bottom of your browser window
8 - the possibility of translation sites through google and the translation is by choosing from a list of tools

Click to download the program here

To download the portable version of the program click here
The preparation and development: Mohammed Jamal Althiab
A note for anyone lucky enough to be able to speak/write in Arabic to please pass to the developer:"If you really want to interest English speakers please try providing a little more information than a download page."(If anything else is there and I missed it please disregard)

MJXP7

#3 Post by MJXP7 »

Sorry for the lack of explanation but the most important feature of the expanded program lies in the free software attached with him and that integrates with him to provide the best mobile browser

This is a picture of the program

and Thank you donald for your reply

donald

#4 Post by donald »

Has anyone tried this yet? (Could someone using say Sandboxie try it?)

Is it Portable?

Does it leave anything that would preclude its acceptance here?

Does anyone like it?

Can the Icons/toolbar as seen in the screen shot be made smaller?

Any word on the base engine? (Is this based on chrome, or some other engine? Is this an original browser engine?)

How is the performance, both in system (Ram, cpu cycles, etc), and general performance (does it leak memory, how responsive is it, etc)?

donald

#5 Post by donald »

After multiple attempts to download the zip file I have given up as it is always 'not a valid archive'.

I attempted extraction with WinZip, 7Zip, and Vistas built-in extraction, all gave this message or its equivalent 'not a valid archive'. I tried this on three computers two with XP.

I also tried the exe file and it was either stopped from execution, or failed.

Has anyone else tried this?

MJXP7

#6 Post by MJXP7 »

donald

#7 Post by donald »

I tried your link MJXP7.
My results are
Component 'wb2.data' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Could you tell me MJXP7 was that the portable version?

If it is please contact the developer and explain that a portable application should work without installation, and hopefully without any dependencies on registration of components.

A NSIS launcher could make this run portably (I assume this is a working browser).

A tutorial can be found at: http://portableappz.proxima[use caution when visiting this website].web.tr/tutorial.php

Jaunte Pe can do a potentially much better job.
Jaunte Pe can be found here: http://sites.google.com/site/jauntepe/Home
A method to use it very easily can be found with
Use of JPE Quickie
A manual method that may be preferred is the 12 step method found here: http://sites.google.com/site/jauntepe/H ... ep-program

You could also read "What is "portable"?" at:http://www.portablefreeware.com/about.php

I like the idea of a freeware integrated browser and so I would like to see this work.

You may need to check into drive relative paths, and relative paths.

If you are the developer, or you know them you/they could try using an .ini file rather than the registry.

Contrary to what Microsoft and other organizations/people may say the registry is a very bad place to put anything (anything not a permanent part of the OS, or at least integrated and installed), and it generally slows down the program and the PC.

MJXP7 please try again.

MJXP7

#8 Post by MJXP7 »

Make sure that the size of the compressed file is 7.60 MB

Then run the file support.exe
A one-time registration tools

Usually do not need to run it, but some cases require this

After the end of the automatic registration files run Alsaek.exe

and tell me

donald

#9 Post by donald »

I will tell you right away thanks for trying,

but it did not work,

same error message as before,

a no go for me at least.

If you are not the developer thanks,

if you are not consider contacting the developer.

I await a single other post with the success I lack so far.

Just in case anyone wants to know Vista service pack 2 with a Pentium dual core.

MJXP7

#10 Post by MJXP7 »

May NO ONE try this program

Or even trying

So I appreciate your effort you

For the problem of reg tools are usually resolved as soon as you run File Support

But I did not try the program on Vista

And perhaps this is the problem

but are you sure that the size of the compressed file is 7.60 MB ??

donald

#11 Post by donald »

I am quite sure of the size.

I will try on XP later ...

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

It works ok for me (winxpprosp3x86).
I just ran "Alsaek.exe" through sandboxie and it worked.
It looks very good, it moves ok. I am under the impression that it uses IE engine (like Maxthon) but I might be wrong.

I don't know how to properly test a web browser so I don't know what else to say (except it is very "cpu hungry").

What I can say for sure is that It saves "source1.txt" file in the root of system drive, adds bunch of cookies and temp files, and what is the most important thing: it heavily modifies the registry! (for example "Hkey_current_user\software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Alsaek", but also other keys) .

It is NOT PORTABLE! Or maybe it is and I just need instructions on how to run it properly.

MJXP7

#13 Post by MJXP7 »

that is right
it uses IE engine (like Maxthon)

source1.txt is file to no links in page of google search and then take first link
eg : type alsaek whithout ".com" and see the result

maybe it must be in temp folder
it heavily modifies the registry
that is right too
it is stor the path of browser and size of window
because that when you change size of window and you run this program agin it will remember the size from registry :wink:

donald

#14 Post by donald »

MJXP7 please read the links I placed above.

The registry is un-needed by portable applications.

Lets say I place your application on a thumb drive, then I run it on my computer (UAC will stop me because of the .txt file I think), just say I run it, I configure my settings and get the window just right, then suddenly ALL THE SETTINGS ARE GONE WHEN I USE IT ON ANOTHER COMPUTER AND IF I RETURN TO THE SAME PC I STARTED ON I LOSE THE DRIVE LETTER BECAUSE WINDOWS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SAME DRIVE LETTER AND THE BROWSER PATH IS BROKEN.

I really do not mind the Explorer engine, but using the registry, as I said before you could just use a .ini file or a similar method of storing settings in the application folder.

Please just read the article I linked to before, it is found on this website. ('"is it portable?" http://www.portablefreeware.com/about.php)

Programs that rely on the registry are usually not worth using if they are not integrated parts of the OS (Microsoft programs including office software were once part of the OS and it shows) even when integrated the reliance on the registry is still unneeded and a performance drain on the PC.

MJXP7 ABANDON THE REGISTRY NOW!!!!!!!!!

Or at least mention that your program is really install only. (oh and this site is for which kind of freeware?Portable ...)

You could try making it portable, but as it is now, I am not interested, until you abandon the registry.
You could add a switch to seek an (ProgramNameHere).ini file on startup, and use that instead of the registry, oh and look into relative paths.

If you would like to see examples of the use of an .ini file, and or relative paths I believe a few might be found at http://www.portablefreeware.com some require a .ini file be added or a slight change be made to some file etc but a lot of NO-REGISTRY applications are found right here in the collection.

I do not want to bring you down, or insult you or your work, but this is important to me or I would not bother downloading almost exclusively software mentioned here on this website. http://www.portablefreeware.com/