Ubiquitous Player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: Ubiquitous Player

#16 Post by webfork »

carbonize wrote:Yup and I commented as well although my comment appears to have been removed :-/
Wasn't me.
carbonize wrote:If he wanted feedback then he should of started a page on one of the social networking sites.

I actually prefer email but point taken: more than one method to reach him might have made it seem like he was listening.
carbonize wrote:his final comment it sounds like he was creating the program for all the wrong reasons anyway.
Part of the reason I do stuff on this site is I feel it has an impact.  There's probably a creeping feeling that a lot of downloads don't realy make a product people are actually *using*.  Still, how did he not Google himself, see our site, and look at the feedback we gave?  It's not particularly flattering but it's not zero feedback.

carbonize

#17 Post by carbonize »

Doesn't everybody Google themselves every now and then?

Checker

#18 Post by Checker »

BTW: I contacted the author of Ubiquitous Player via Email. He answers very fast and he knows our site and is reading the comments :wink:

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

Checker wrote:... he knows our site and is reading the comments
Has it impacted his desire to continue working on the program?

Checker

#20 Post by Checker »

webfork wrote:Has it impacted his desire to continue working on the program?
I do not think so :!:

Comments like:
rodger123 wrote:Gotta be the most hideous looking gui I have ever seen! Have tried many versions hoping it will look better, maybe after a few beers it would look good?
MIKLO wrote:Strange that they keep doing updates on this program....bleh dont think its gonna help,but I could be wrong.
won't motivate me either :wink:
Last edited by Checker on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ozok

#21 Post by ozok »

carbonize wrote:Doesn't everybody Google themselves every now and then?
I sometimes search my tools to see what people say about them. I've found many great software forums like this one using this method. It's an effective way of getting healthy feedback and suggestions.

kanu

#22 Post by kanu »

I can't, for the life of me, play a music file through the Files tab. It launches the Windows Media Player as if it were the Windows file explorer. Can't drag files and there's no contextual file menu.
I would like to use it the same way as 1by1, because there are no alternatives to that embedded file explorer-player format. So frustrating.

kanu

#23 Post by kanu »

Now that's a change! Check out the 2017.05.02 update because this is a good and useful audio player now. At least for me. Thanks to the authors.