iMage-In: A Portable Desktop photos/slideshow

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
pplknownothin

iMage-In: A Portable Desktop photos/slideshow

#1 Post by pplknownothin »

Description:
iMage-in allows you to place an "image in" your Windows 2000/XP desktop. These pictures appear on top of your wallpaper and icons. You can have the images change on a set interval to create mini-slideshows, use them as desktop shortcuts, make them transparent, have them overlapping, or just cover up that link to the Pokémon website so your friends don't see it.

Site:
http://www.oxygen-inc.com/premium/InsaniSoft

How to Use:
Extract all files to a folder. Delete everything except for “iMage-in.exe” “Ian Sane.png” and “Readme.txt” (optional). Move your image (in png format) to the folder and replace it with “Ian Sane.png”. Run iMage-in.exe and the image should be on your desktop. To use at another computer just delete the “iMage-in.dat” file.

Writes To:
iMage-in.dat file located inside of program folder

Requirements:
This program requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and your desktop must be set to 32-bit color mode.

Screenshot:

Before:

After:

Drutt

#2 Post by Drutt »

Really effective! Love it

My initial suggestion is to implement a better resize logic.

My personal photo collection varies in dimensions, some are 300px by 400px ranging upto 3702px by 2304px etc etc, I'd like to display them on my desktop within a set size limit, i.e. no picture exceeds 400px by 400 px, it's not possible with the settings afaik.

It'd be much better to be able to set a maximum X and Y display dimensions that would resize, keeping photos in proportion.

Great portable though

ashghost

#3 Post by ashghost »

I doubt your request will get filled, Drutt, since the app was released over 4 years ago, and the forum thread that the author linked to for feedback has been abandoned for just as long.

Drutt

#4 Post by Drutt »

Yeh I noticed that, consider it a placeholder in case the author stumbles on this thread and decides to re-ignite the project.
It really is a neat tool nonetheless :)