VLC - media player
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:51 pm
P.S: This is my first post. I have been lurking for over an year and some time ago I decided it's finally the time to begin contributing back. I'd like to thank everyone for keeping TPFC database up to date!Changes between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2
* Avformat fps displaying fix
* TS, fix an issue where some programs would get dropped (fixes DVB issues too)
* fix timestamps handling on some filters that provoqued issues when playback
of mono streams, especially on Windows
* fix a bug in direct3d video output with old nVidia drivers that broke video
playback with overlay (YUV->RGB)
* fix console output encoding
Interface and extensions:
* Youtube and other scripts updates
* Misc fixes in Qt4 (especially VLM and EPG dialogs) and MacOS interface
I am aware (I mentioned I've been lurking quite long ), but I'm too lazy to test software for portability. In addition, virtually all software that I know of and might be worth adding have been mentioned in the forum.guinness wrote:I don't know if you are aware, but as a new member you have the ability to add new applications but can't edit any until you have reached 50 forum posts or more.
Changes between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3:
Access and demuxers:
* fixes for FTP relatives path and FTP directory support
* fix for podcasts parsing
* DVD: fix an assert error and various memory leaks
* fix NULL dereferences, as reported by FortiGuard Lab,
CVE-2010-2937 / VideoLAN-SA-1004
* fix a regression where the wrong entry was played
* fix m3u playlists exports
* fix video autoresize behaviour
* Update translations for Dutch, Sinhala, Hebrew, Estonian, Spanish and Bengali
Windows and Mac:
* Update of many codecs libraries, fixing bugs and improving speed
* architecture-specific installations will now be replaced by specific updates
* Add AltiVec detetion for OpenBSD/powerpc
With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.
Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
Twoflower fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.
Thanks guinness, but it doesn't work. I've tried reseting preferences and the cache, starting with --language=es, but nothing...guinness wrote:Tools >> Preferences >> Interface and then menus language. It might require a restart of the application.