Bat to Exe Converter

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: Bat to Exe Converter

#16 Post by webfork »

zorro wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 am What's the problem with ZeroNet? I visited the program homepage with Firefox Portable just now and everything works fine - I can view the program description and download it. No ZeroNet service or client installed, of course...
I didn't realize a separate ZeroNet client wasn't necessary. By definition, P2P networks are made up of participants sharing the burden of hosting/routing/processing. Seems they have an external pathway setup so non-members can access it.
billon wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:43 pm Softpedia and other sites (not checked many actually) have previous version
Yeah scratch that idea.

billon

#17 Post by billon »

zorro wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 am What's the problem with ZeroNet?
No problem, but these web "mirrors"/"nodes" hosted by volunteer members are temporary and may change/disappear, isn't it?

zorro

#18 Post by zorro »

Well, thanks for the explanation - I understand, it could be that... I had luck...
Anyway - interesting concept, from what I understand it's the future of internet... following those, who strive for a free www without monopols.

billon

#19 Post by billon »

No more downloads from this "ZeroNet" mirror, instead there is "Bat-To-Exe-Converter-Downloader" -
https://github.com/99fk/Bat-To-Exe-Converter-Downloader wrote: This tool will download the official version of Bat To Exe Converter which is now being hosted on the Inter-Planetary File System (IPFS)
You go to "ZeroNet" to download some installer which download something from "Inter-Planetary File System". Why not Inter-Galactic? Another pseudo crypto shit, dead from the start.
Fuck these clowns, downvoted

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

The zeronet page is throwing a bad cert error, so I guess that fell apart. Anyway, I certainly understand the frustration / disgust, but I do like some of the concepts outlined with IPFS. I'll push it to another thread to avoid a thread hijack.

Midas

#21 Post by Midas »

IPFS (https://ipfs.io/) is quite well regarded in the Linux camp.

For more info, start at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterPlanetary_File_System.

billon

#22 Post by billon »

My grunts mainly not about ridiculous "InfinityNets" or "Inter-Dimensional File Systems".
What with the entry? Remove? Last freely available portable version from Archive.org or other site? Our mirror?

rbon

#23 Post by rbon »

Bat to Exe Converter rel. 3.2.0.0.
You can also download latest binaries (rel. 3.2.0.0) from Softpedia on this page: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fi ... rter.shtml
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Rick Cook.

webfork

#24 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:04 pm My grunts mainly not about ridiculous "InfinityNets" or "Inter-Dimensional File Systems".
What with the entry? Remove? Last freely available portable version from Archive.org or other site? Our mirror?
Yeah good question ...
rbon wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:52 am Bat to Exe Converter rel. 3.2.0.0.
You can also download latest binaries (rel. 3.2.0.0) from Softpedia on this page: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fi ... rter.shtml
Works for me ... entry updated.

Midas

Re: ZeroNet

#25 Post by Midas »

Some needed clarification of ZeroNet workings and origin straight from Wikipedia:
ZeroNet is a decentralized web-like network of peer-to-peer users, created by Tamas Kocsis in 2015, programming for the network was based in Budapest, Hungary; is built in Python; and is fully open source. Instead of having an IP address, sites are identified by a public key (specifically a bitcoin address). The private key allows the owner of a site to sign and publish changes, which propagate through the network. Sites can be accessed through an ordinary web browser when using the ZeroNet application, which acts as a local webhost for such pages. In addition to using bitcoin cryptography, ZeroNet uses trackers from the BitTorrent network to negotiate connections between peers. ZeroNet is not anonymous by default, but it supports routing traffic through the Tor network.

An extensive related resource list can be found at https://github.com/zolagonano/awesome-zeronet.