MediaInfo

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Checker

MediaInfo V0.7.24

#61 Post by Checker »

Thanks infimum :!:
First posting updated :wink:

infimum

Re: * MediaInfo V0.7.24

#62 Post by infimum »

v0.7.25 up.

deathcubek

MediaInfoXP - Simple GUI for MediaInfo

#63 Post by deathcubek »

MediaInfoXP

Simple GUI for MediaInfo, an OpenSource tool for displaying technical information about media files.

Download latest version here:
https://github.com/lordmulder/mediainfo ... ses/latest

deathcubek

Re: MediaInfoXP - Simple GUI for MediaInfo

#64 Post by deathcubek »

MediaInfoXP v2.12
https://github.com/lordmulder/mediainfo ... /tag/v2.12

MediaInfo has been updated to version 0.7.70.
Version 0.7.70, 2014-09-03
--------------
* DTS Neural Audio: display of DTS Neural Audio descriptor information (matrix encoded channels count and position), sponsored by Numericable
* FFV1: version, bit depth, color space, chroma subsampling, versions 0 to 3, sponsored by NOA Audio Solutions
* HuffYUV: version, bit depth, color space, chroma subsampling, versions 1 to 3, sponsored by NOA Audio Solutions
* PDF: basic detection (goal is to detect PDF/A profile)
* HLS: support of encrypted streams (key must be in FileName.FileExt.key or provided via the library API)
* CDP: using CDP service descriptor for the list of 708 services + language information
* MXF: showing the real bit depth ("Quantization bits"); the count of bits stored in the file is in a new field "Stored bit depth" if it differs
* MXF: Audio "frame rate" (how PCM content is split in packets) information
* MXF: Audio block alignment byte size (hidden by default)
* VC-3: adding the commercial name "DNxHD" + bitrate class
* MXF: SMPTE ST 377-4 (MXF Multichannel Audio Labeling Framework)
* MXF: "ChannelLayoutID" new field (hidden by default) containing the MXF Channel Assignment Label
* Wave64: Duration
* CDP: frame rate
* IMF: improvements (still work in progress)
* QuickTime: ia13 CodecID
* CDP: using ccsvcinfo_section() for service presence and language information
* MXF/CDP: law rating (from CEA-608 XDS) information added (other containers were already supported)
* CEA-608: Program name information
* BMP: support of OS/2 headers
* HLS: com.apple.streaming.transportStreamTimestamp support
* ISM: ISMT / text (TTML) streams support
* MXF: detection of buggy BlockAlign from some muxers, so PCM bit depth is correctly detected despite the buggy metadata
* HEVC: library name of some encoding libraries
* MPEG-2 Video: picture structure for interlaced content (interlaced content can have a frame structure)
* HLS: support of some encrypted files (AES-128 with default IV and per segment), key is provided by the command line --File_Encryption_Key=(Base64 data)
* HEVC: adding support of x265 library name and x265 encoding settings
* ProRes: more details about ProRes in AVI or Matroska
* DV: support of AVd1 CodecID
* CMake: scripts improvements, thanks to Ivan Romanov
* Matroska: file name of attachments, thanks to Marshall
* HEVC: some streams with VUI were not parsed
* MPEG Video: was not correctly handling 1000:1001 frame rates and NDF time codes combination during frame count computing
* MPEG Video: was not correctly detecting the time stamp of the first frame in case of closed GOP with first frame not the I-frame
* XDCAM: information about the MXF header presence was not provided if MOV header has a glbl atom
* Some specific C++11 code is removed for full compatibility with older C++
* MXF: Time codes values were buggy in case of MXF with pre-charge ("Origin" not 0)
* MPEG-4 Visual: wrong analysis in case on video_object_layer_shape not set to regular
* MPEG-4/MOV: trying to display the summary differently when there is a difference between container and raw stream channels count information (long term method to be discussed)
* Non-Unicode version was not building anymore
* DyLib: trying to have a better support of pure C compilers

joby_toss

#65 Post by joby_toss »

Doesn't play nice with Sandboxie, so I can't test this properly, but it seems portable. Anyway, I like it.

Wish it would let me drop media files on it, so I can add it in the SendTo menu (I know about the shell integration, but that requires registry alteration).

deathcubek

#66 Post by deathcubek »

joby_toss wrote:Doesn't play nice with Sandboxie, so I can't test this properly, but it seems portable.
In what way it does not "play nice" with Sandboxie? Seems to work okay for me:
joby_toss wrote:Wish it would let me drop media files on it, so I can add it in the SendTo menu
You mean Drag&Drop? That is already implemented and it works fine for me.

Anyway, if you want to add a shortcut to the SendTo menu, that's not Drag&Drop but command-line usage. So you'll have to add the "--open" parameter to your shortcut in the SendTo folder.

joby_toss

#67 Post by joby_toss »

I got this error when I tried to use it with my Sandboxie, but then I realized that I didn't have the latest version, so I updated Sandboxie and it works fine now:

The "--open" command works great, thank you! I was trying to drop media files directly on MediaInfoXP.exe, as that indicates it usually works also with a shortcut in SendTo menu.

deathcubek

#68 Post by deathcubek »

Strange. NT status code 0xC0000142 indicates:
DLL Initialization Failed. Initialization of the dynamic link library %hs failed. The process is terminating abnormally.
MediaInfoXP doesn't even use any DLL's - except for some fundamental system libraries that you cannot get around, of course.

Anyway, good to know the problem was resolved with newer Sandboxie versions...

deathcubek

#69 Post by deathcubek »

MediaInfoXP v2.13
https://github.com/lordmulder/mediainfo ... /tag/v2.13

MediaInfo has been updated to version 0.7.71.
Version 0.7.71, 2014-11-09
--------------
+ AS-11 (Core, Segmentation, UK DPP items) display
+ MXF: support of TTML (SMPTE ST 2052) detection
+ MXF: option --File_Mxf_TimeCodeFromMaterialPackage for using the time code track from Material package instead of Source package (CLI/DLL only)
+ Duration in HH:MM:SS:FF format (hidden by default)
+ AVC: detection of Intra profiles
+ MXF: both Material and Source package time codes are displayed
+ MPEG-TS: more information for Teletext subtitle e.g. "For hearing impaired people"
+ Detecting sidecar XML files for captions (e.g. TTML/DFXP), option for CLI and Lib
+ AVC and HEVC: colour_range information (Limited/Full), thanks to Vittorio Giovara
+ OP-47/SDP/Teletext: detection of magazine numbers
+ MOV/MPEG-4: basic support of iTunMOVI tag
+ MOV/MPEG-4: support of track title and few other track related tags
+ MOV/MPEG-4: detection of Dolby E in a stereo track
+ AVC: using the first pic_struct as fallback for scan order if other methods fail, thanks to Smit for the idea
+ IMF: better compatibility with packages from different vendors
+ PBCore 2.0 technical metadata output option, thanks to Dave Rice
+ WMV: Time code track and value of first frame display, sponsored by AVCOM
+ MPEG Video: Open/Closed GOP status
+ HEVC: Support of Pixel Aspect Ratio in VUI, thanks to Kurtnoise
x SMPTE ST 331: wrong channel positions
x B872, MOV: StreamOrder field was wrong in case of chapter references
x More coherency between the File interface and the By buffer interface
x Matroska: wrong dection of video/audio delay in case of B-frames before the first I-frame
x Time code striped/not striped information is moved from "Format_Settings" to "TimeCode_Striped"
x SMPTE ST 337: infinite loop during scanning of some non ST 337 streams
x MP4/MOV: Using less data during detection of Dolby E hidden in a PCM track
x Matroska: some crashs after file name of attachments update
x MXF: MXF time code track was not displayed with some compilation options (e.g. the default Windows build)
x WMV: reviewing the frame rate detection, with e.g. report of difference of real 23.976 fps and thoritical 24.000 fps

joby_toss

#70 Post by joby_toss »

Is there any way I can compare 2 (video) files side by side?

deathcubek

#71 Post by deathcubek »

joby_toss wrote:Is there any way I can compare 2 (video) files side by side?
Side by side? Not really :?

You can open several files at once though. The info will the be presented within the same window.

Another option:

Save the info of the first file to "A.txt" and the info of the second file to "B.txt". Then use your favorite Diff tool on these two files.

joby_toss

#72 Post by joby_toss »

deathcubek wrote:Save the info of the first file to "A.txt" and the info of the second file to "B.txt". Then use your favorite Diff tool on these two files.
This option works fine. Thank you!

Midas

Re: MediaInfo

#73 Post by Midas »

Very old topic update: the present is the official forum topic for MediaInfo (https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=884), a powerful multi-platform OSS media file information utility that became notorious overnight when it started including Open Candy with its Windows installers (see http://mediaarea.net/Bundled).
MediaInfo latest version (currently v0.7.8.1: https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfo/ChangeLog) can be downloaded from https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfo/Download/Windows.
(Note: as mentioned above, packages marked "Add supported" will include Open Candy! Files listed as "without installer" don't have it and are supposedly portable...)

MediaInfo multi-platform file repository still lives at Sourceforge.net (same caveats as above for Windows versions): https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediai ... es/binary/.

BTW, K-Lite Codec Pack is known to include a clean alternative version with no adware called MediaInfo Lite (https://www.codecguide.com/download_other.htm#mediainfo).

Before being renamed MediaInfo Lite, it was called Easy MediaInfo -- and an old standalone portable version (with MediaInfo v0.7.5.1) is still available from here...

Midas

#74 Post by Midas »

More MediaInfo GUI alternatives:

MediaInfoXP (Downloads are at https://github.com/lordmulder/mediainfo-gui/releases; hat tip to deathcubek, AKA Mulder 8))
MediaInfo Plus (DotNET v2.0; download is at http://www.hot.ee/microtools4u/)
  • MediaInfo in 'Windows (Files) Explorer'… Very small program extracted from Movied to be used separately… It finds MediaInfo.dll (32, 64 bits) and shows media info for almost any media file.

SYSTEM

#75 Post by SYSTEM »

Midas wrote:hat tip to deathcubek, AKA Mulder 8)
Ah, right. I hadn't realized that deathcubek = MuldeR. Thanks. :)

By the way, MPC-HC can also show MediaInfo data (File -> Properties -> MediaInfo).
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020