Dexpot - virtual desktop manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
giulia

Re: Dexpot 1.4.1 portable version

#16 Post by giulia »

Ennovy wrote:When you used
regsvr32 %windir%\SysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx
to register

use
regsvr32 /u %windir%\SysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx
to unregister
hi
but i haven't registered , i run under windows 7
i'm the administrator i guess it does register itself
now i have tons of key related to dexpot

have you seen the screenshot?
should be tested and check if it's stealth or not
thanks

Ennovy

#17 Post by Ennovy »

Dexpot is stealth but the entries in your sreenshot are all related to a Windows component.

You didn't register mscomctl.ocx the way I described and first you have to copy the file to %windir%\SysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx
For this you need administrator rights

giulia

#18 Post by giulia »

Ennovy wrote:Dexpot is stealth but the entries in your sreenshot are all related to a Windows component.

You didn't register mscomctl.ocx the way I described and first you have to copy the file to %windir%\SysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx
For this you need administrator rights
hi
no i haven't register
it's enough to run as administrator and have mscomctl.ocx in the same folder of dexpot

i want to clean up , what tool can i use ?
to delete only the key related to dexpot?
RegScanner v2.17 ,nirsoft is safe?
thanks

Ennovy

#19 Post by Ennovy »

You can use Registry Finder https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2676
to search all registry entries related to k:\dexpot\mscomctl.ocx and delete them.
All operations that alter the registry including deletion and replacement can be undone and redone. The operations are listed in the History window. To open it, click View|History in the main menu. The last performed operation is marked with a yellow arrow.

giulia

#20 Post by giulia »

Ennovy wrote:You can use Registry Finder https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2676
to search all registry entries related to k:\dexpot\mscomctl.ocx and delete them.
All operations that alter the registry including deletion and replacement can be undone and redone. The operations are listed in the History window. To open it, click View|History in the main menu. The last performed operation is marked with a yellow arrow.
hi
have you personal experience with this free tool?
thanks

Ennovy

#21 Post by Ennovy »

I only use the search function, it's very fast.

Read more here: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/01/22/regist ... uick-jump/
Registry Finder is a useful Windows Registry Editor replacement especially for Windows users who work with the Registry regularly. Its quick jump, search, tabbed browsing and history functionality is either superior to that of the default Registry Editor, or even not available in the native program at all.