CrystalDiskInfo

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Checker

Re: CrystalDiskInfo 4.0.0

#46 Post by Checker »

zak_711

CrystalDiskInfo 4.0.2

#47 Post by zak_711 »

CrystalDiskInfo 4.0.1, no 4.0.2 is available.

Download: http://sourceforge.jp/projects/crystald ... 4_0_2.zip/

I cannot update the DB directly because my connection is very very bad. When I will change my actual provider, probabily I will do it. Thanks.
Last edited by zak_711 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYSTEM

Re: CrystalDiskInfo 4.0.1

#48 Post by SYSTEM »

Infimum had updated the entry already, the update was just filtered. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

zak_711

#49 Post by zak_711 »

Does any know how to disable the filter?

joby_toss

#50 Post by joby_toss »

:)

guinness

#51 Post by guinness »

You can read more about why frequent updates are restricted - http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... hp?p=27783

SYSTEM

Is CrystalDiskInfo stealth?

#52 Post by SYSTEM »

Recently rodger123 posted the following comment for CrystalDiskInfo:
rodger123 wrote: Woked fine on my USB storage drive-Hallers version at portable apps better,cleans up itself,slick program.
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1441#23664

I wondered if either he/she didn't know that CrystalDiskInfo is natively stealth* or if there actually were traces which "Hallers version at portable apps" cleans up.

(* according to the entry, of course)

So, I regshotted CrystalDiskInfo and found the following traces:

Code: Select all

Values modified:9
<snip>
HKU\S-1-5-21-2293256625-3308106615-396407468-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\GPU\AdapterInfo: "vendorId="0x1002",deviceID="0x9648",subSysID="0x3593103c",revision="0x0",version="8.17.10.1140"hypervisor="No Hypervisor (No SLAT)""
HKU\S-1-5-21-2293256625-3308106615-396407468-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\GPU\AdapterInfo: "vendorId="0x1414",deviceID="0x8c",subSysID="0x0",revision="0x0",version="6.2.9200.16384"hypervisor="No Hypervisor (No SLAT)""
<snip>

Files added:2
C:\Users\Jyrki\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\container.dat
C:\Users\Jyrki\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JY864CPY\103[1]

Folders added:4
C:\Users\Jyrki\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BRD0RIP0
C:\Users\Jyrki\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IMQSONY2
C:\Users\Jyrki\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JY864CPY
C:\Users\Jyrki\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R7CACR2A
Test environment: 64-bit Windows 8 RTM. (It might be relevant that I have switchable graphics.)

So, CrystalDiskInfo uses Trident and leaves files and directories to Internet Explorer's cache.

My question is: Is CrystalDiskInfo stealth regardless of these traces :?: After all, Temporary Internet Files can be considered an official "temp" directory.

guinness

Re: Is CrystalDiskInfo stealth?

#53 Post by guinness »

It's still Stealth from the data you provided Mr. SYSTEM.

SYSTEM

Re: Is CrystalDiskInfo stealth?

#54 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:It's still Stealth from the data you provided Mr. SYSTEM.
Thanks. :)

giulia

CrystalDiskInfo links

#55 Post by giulia »

Hi
i did notice there is an CrystalDiskInfo update
but the 64bit links open a confusion page

with
Standard Edition
Shizuku Edition [Simple&Update]
Shizuku Edition [Full]
Shizuku Edition [Ultimate]

and others but what should i donwload
i know there are some portable verson with ads

thanks

Mike.S.G.

Re: CrystalDiskInfo links

#56 Post by Mike.S.G. »

If the link you're referring to is http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html, and you need the x64 version, you want "Standard Edition X64 Beta" (2.7MB), otherwise download the "Standard Edition" (2.5MB). The "Shizuku" downloads are Japanese Anime (cartoon) themed CDI versions IIRC, you likely could do without it.

If you want to make use of the message alerts grab the "Message Alert Tone Pack" as well. I haven't used em but I figure you could extract the zip to your CDI folder and point the options dialog to this folder to select the sounds you need or use your own sounds on your system. Unless you're planning on developing CDI you don't need the "Source Code".

I haven't noticed any ads in either of the Standard Edition CDI Zip packages, x86 or x64.

Looking closer at the Tone Pack, a number of .opus files, I suppose you extract them to the \opus folder in \CdiResource. The other alerts compatible are .wav and .mp3.

giulia

#57 Post by giulia »

Mike.S.G. wrote:If the link you're referring to is http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html, and you need the x64 version, you want "Standard Edition X64 Beta" (2.7MB), otherwise download the "Standard Edition" (2.5MB). The "Shizuku" downloads are Japanese Anime (cartoon) themed CDI versions IIRC, you likely could do without it.

If you want to make use of the message alerts grab the "Message Alert Tone Pack" as well. I haven't used em but I figure you could extract the zip to your CDI folder and point the options dialog to this folder to select the sounds you need or use your own sounds on your system. Unless you're planning on developing CDI you don't need the "Source Code".

I haven't noticed any ads in either of the Standard Edition CDI Zip packages, x86 or x64.

Looking closer at the Tone Pack, a number of .opus files, I suppose you extract them to the \opus folder in \CdiResource. The other alerts compatible are .wav and .mp3.
thanks mate
i did not know about
Shizuku Edition [Full]

SYSTEM

#58 Post by SYSTEM »

The tooltips of the table headings explain it.

The Standard Edition is, well, the standard edition.

Shizuku Editions have an anime theme: http://crystalmark.info/Shizuku/index-en.html.

"Shizuku Edition [Simple&Update]" contains only one theme. "Shizuku Edition [Full]" contains five themes. Finally, "Shizuku Edition [Ultimate]" has images in triple size for screens with very high resolution.
giulia wrote: i know there are some portable verson with ads
Only the non-portable versions have ads.

----

I use "Shizuku Edition [Ultimate]" myself simply because I have more than enough disk space for portable applications. :P

Mike.S.G.

#59 Post by Mike.S.G. »

giulia wrote:i did not know about
Shizuku Edition [Full]
You're welcome. CDI is a nice utility.

Mike.S.G.

#60 Post by Mike.S.G. »

SYSTEM wrote:The tooltips of the table headings explain it.

I use "Shizuku Edition [Ultimate]" myself simply because I have more than enough disk space for portable applications. :P
OK, "w/ Ads for development".

The 65MB difference though, you must really like Shizuku.