CrystalDiskInfo

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SYSTEM

Re: CrystalDiskInfo links

#61 Post by SYSTEM »

Mike.S.G. wrote:The 65MB difference though, you must really like Shizuku.
65 megabytes is nothing. :P
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

Mike.S.G.

Re: CrystalDiskInfo

#62 Post by Mike.S.G. »

CrystalDiskInfo
8.17.7 [2022/09/12]
* Fixed minor bugs

I had been wanting to ask but keep forgetting, is there any special status required to update an entry to the latest version, etc? It would seem to make more sense simply to update the entry myself rather than leave it to someone else, unless of course it requires a mod or something. I don't mind either way just thought I would ask :)

Andrew Lee

#63 Post by Andrew Lee »

As long as you have a rank of 1 and above (which you do), you should see a "Edit this entry" link on the left of each listing:

screensoht.png

Clicking on that link should allow you to edit the entry directly.

Mike.S.G.

#64 Post by Mike.S.G. »

Andrew Lee wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:15 pm As long as you have a rank of 1 and above (which you do), you should see a "Edit this entry" link on the left of each listing:

Clicking on that link should allow you to edit the entry directly.
Thanks for the info, I believe I updated CrystalDiskInfo correctly, lets see if it makes it to the first page or recently updated.

Andrew Lee

#65 Post by Andrew Lee »

You updated it perfectly. Thanks!

Usually, this will result in the updated entry popping immediately to the top of the first page.

However, we made the decision a long time back that any entries updated within a 7-day threshold period will remain where it is. This is to avoid apps that are updated very actively to be always clogging the front page.

(PS: I can't for the life of me find the exact topic where we nailed down the 7-day threshold, but this were the kinds of discussion we were having back in 2010*!*)

So if you look at the changelog for CrystalDiskInfo:

https://www.portablefreeware.com/changelog.php?id=1441

you will notice that it was last updated on 10 Sep, which means you updated it only 5 days later, which was why it didn't jump to the front page.

Hope that clears things up.

Mike.S.G.

#66 Post by Mike.S.G. »

Andrew Lee wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:43 pm
<>SnippityDooDah<>

Hope that clears things up.
Thanks, it did :)

BTW, CrystalDiskInfo is at v8.17.8... I updated the entry.