File Extension Reassigner

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lococobra

File Extension Reassigner

#1 Post by lococobra »

Sorry this is kind of a re-post, but this is a new and completely rewritten version..

Portable Shell Extension Reassigner Beta.V.9.0
By: Lococobra

DISCLAMER: This program has only been tested on Windows XP, please be careful and report any bugs you find.

This program allows you to do batch reassignments of extensions, AKA run portable programs instead of normal programs when you double click files, and have your drive plugged in

Download it: Here

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. I had a bit of a hard time describing this one...

XPect

#2 Post by XPect »

Hi, thanks for your effort.
For your information, there is already a program doing the same thing on portableapps development page called portable files associator: http://portableapps.com/node/13145

lococobra

#3 Post by lococobra »

Lol, every time I try to write this program, someone comes along and says there's already something that does it better. I only rewrote it because I was requested to..

Queue

#4 Post by Queue »

You should take a peek at how wraithdu's doing it; he's registering extensions via HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes instead of HKLM or HKCR. I didn't even know that would work!

Erm, that is, unless you'd already seen his or already knew that... sorry, that bit of information just excited me.

Queue

lococobra

#5 Post by lococobra »

There's really no point in developing this further, that project is far beyond where I would ever take this one.