Crypt Edit

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
donald

Crypt Edit

#1 Post by donald » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 am

Crypt Edit word processor.
similar to WordPad.
create, protect, modify, post and print documents.
can save texts as HTML, DOC, WPD, RTF, ASCII (DOS, WIN, UNIX, MAC), WRI, UNICODE and PRT (Protected Text Format with 3 security levels), encrypt/decrypt binary files with compression, create desktop shortcuts for your documents, insert OLE-objects and pictures (gif, jpeg, bmp, emf, wmf). The development of this program has stopped but the download is still availible.

http://freewarelist.org/files/340484

is it portable? I dont know please check for this app

grannyGeek

#2 Post by grannyGeek » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:05 pm

It is not portable, but I portablized it with JauntePE a long time back, and use it for rich-text editing when I don't want to load up a big word-processor.

It has almost all the rich-text features I need, EXCEPT ---

conversion to/from Word, WordPerfect, Excel is hard-coded to require a specific version of a Microsoft conversion pack to be installed under C:\Program Files\Shared Files. Conversion refuses to work if I place the conversion pack anywhere else.

If all you need is rich-text and plain-text editing, with the extra feature of using a simple encryption algorithm on files on disk, this is a nice little app. JauntePE can wrap it easily.