Weylus - Use tablet/smartphone as secondary screen/input

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Andrew Lee

Weylus - Use tablet/smartphone as secondary screen/input

#1 Post by Andrew Lee »

I was researching using a tablet/smartphone as an input device for the laptop.

I first came across Deskreen, which mirrors the display, but does not support input, which I am looking for.

Then I stumble across what seems to be a more powerful program called Weylus, which not only mirrors the display, but also supports input. Both work in a similar way. They create a webserver on the PC host, which the tablet/smartphone then connects to with nothing but a browser.

The GitHub page talks about using a dummy display plug to support using the tablet as a secondary screen, though I suspect the same trick of creating a virtual display driver (discussed here for Deskreen) will work as well.

By default, settings are stored in User\AppData\Roaming. If you use command-line parameters to set the access code and other settings, no config file will be created.

Although Deskreen has a somewhat nicer UI, I don't mind Weylus and its CLI parameters at all, especially the --no--gui parameter that let you run it headlessly (i.e. in the background without any UI).

webfork

Re: Weylus - Use tablet/smartphone as secondary screen/input

#2 Post by webfork »

Great post. I don't know how many times I've tested out one of these painter programs like Krita (which Weylus specifically mentions) and wished I had something like a Wacom device to *really* test it. This opens a lot of doors.