KingLess Video Cutter v28.2__2024-02-09 == Lossless , in Bulk , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Kim Man-Ki

KingLess Video Cutter v28.2__2024-02-09 == Lossless , in Bulk , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons

#1 Post by Kim Man-Ki »

[Mod note: OP subject edited to follow forum custom; original was "KingLess Video Cutter, v6.8--2021-1130 == Lossless , in Bulk , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons".]
[Mod note: The above mentioned editing was ignored and reverted to original to follow the common sense ; The edited one was "KingLess Video Cutter [lossless video editor]".]

The image above does not show the 'Split in Bulk' tab , Concat tab , Crop window , and Settings window .
You can see them here :: https://i.imgur.com/7DdfrLG.png

=================================================

It is freeware , portable , direct cutting .
File size , approximately :: 600 files ,,, 64bit = 320 MB , 32bit = 250 MB

Can cut in bulk :: You set times only once , and I will cut a hundred files in one go .
Can split in bulk :: by time or by # of parts , a hundred files in one go .
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Or , by file size , if you allow for some tolerance .
Can extract in bulk :: can cut , split , or merge only audio or only video of a file , a hundred files in one go .
Can crop in bulk :: However , it is done via re-encoding .
Can convert playback speed in bulk :: For example , if the speed is set to x30 , a 30-minute video will be converted into a 1-minute video ,
_ _ _ _ _ a 60-minute video into a 2-minute video , etc . However , there are some restrictions . Read the 'Usage tip' for the button ''# list'' .

Can also cut audio files .

Offer 7 buttons for saving time stamps temporarily or as a favorite .

Can prehear if audio .
Can preview if video :: can customize preview size , and the preview is center-fixed , which I am sure is more good than YouTube-like moving preview .

Three features of merging ::
If you write comments for segments and then merge the segments , those comments can be displayed on the merged output video in the form of an SRT subtitle .
While watching a merged video , you can easily distinguish the next segment from the previous one with the help of (1) separator or (2) SRT subtitle .
If you play the merged video with KLVC , you can go DIRECTLY to whichever segment you want to watch .

''Cut'' button vs ''Cut Exactly'' button ::
''Cut'' button does not cut exactly at the time you set , because it cuts by key-frame .
''Cut Exactly'' button cuts at the time you set . However , it is done via re-encoding .

It is easy and fast , because ::
( 1 ) the buttons are king-sized , therefore easy to click .
( 2 ) inside the time setting box ,
a) are 8 gray buttons for setting time by 0.1 second , by second , by minute , or by hour .
b) you can use keyboard arrow keys to set time easily and quickly .
( 3 ) you can execute two opposite or correlated commands immediately by clicking the left or right mouse button on the spot .

Extra feature ::
Can make an SRT subtitle file , based on bookmarks and their comments .

Requirement ::
Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime .NET version '8.0' or above ,
KLVC will ask you to install this , if it has not yet been installed on your computer .

Homepage _ :: https://sites.google.com/view/klvc
Back-up Site :: https://nature79.wixsite.com/kingless

< Download URL >
From primary site ::
64 bit = https://drive.proton.me/urls/B4H8P89ZH4#YI1oRqPQvGFi . . . 32 bit = https://drive.proton.me/urls/D9WS89KVPC#pr7MiXBfc3Vh

From secondary site ::
64 bit = https://9b44625c-e266-43b1-aa53-8063b59 ... 1d6b23.zip . . . 32 bit = https://9b44625c-e266-43b1-aa53-8063b59 ... 67134c.zip

====================================================================================================

KingLess Video Cutter,Video Cutter,Video,Cutter,cut,splitter,split,KLVC,KingLess,freeware,portable,Lossless,in bulk,bulk,mass,multiple,batch,media,audio,concatenate,merge,direct cutting,Easy,Fast,King-Sized,Button,King-Less,No re-encoding,
Last edited by Kim Man-Ki on Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 135 times in total.

webfork

Re: King--Less Video Cutter === No Re-encording , Lossless , Direct Cutting ,, Easy & Fast ,, with King-Sized Buttons

#2 Post by webfork »

Just for casual visitors that come by the site, you'd probably be more interested in LosslessCut (viewtopic.php?p=90891), which is not portable but is mentioned in more than just one place. As far as I was able to determine, we are the only site mentioning a King--Less video cutter, which isn't encouraging.

I am Baas

Re: King--Less Video Cutter === No Re-encording , Lossless , Direct Cutting ,, Easy & Fast ,, with King-Sized Buttons

#3 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:26 pm As far as I was able to determine, we are the only site mentioning a King--Less video cutter, which isn't encouraging.
Thar's probably because you omitted some keywords in your Web searching exercise :wink: :lol:

Try "왕단추 동가위"

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:38 pm Thar's probably because you omitted some keywords in your Web searching exercise :wink: :lol:
Try "왕단추 동가위"
Thanks -- you always did find a lot of great foreign-language focused programs, especially Japanese if memory serves.

Cornflower

Re: King--Less Video Cutter , v2.1--2021-1009 === Lossless , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons

#5 Post by Cornflower »

Just a note: If you downloaded it from the above link before October 9, you may have downloaded version 0930, which does not allow multiple segments
I played with this a bit (I had been using command-line ffmpeg previously, jotting down time stamps, and it was a pain), and have the following observations.
If you use the segment mode, it appears you must collect the segments in the order you want to merge them (so if you want to show a final credits first, clip it first). Also there is no documentation, but hover works well; note the mouse instructions on the first screen as some do not appear again until you close and reopen the program. Early days yet, but I am not sure I was able to get the frame buttons to work.

Finally, here are my notes for my own usage:

Code: Select all

Drag a video/audio file onto the main window, then use the following to make your segments
	Lclick - left mouse button
	Rclick - right mouse button
	wheel - mouse wheel
	drag - drag with the mouse

Play/pause	Lclick 		main window (where video is playing)
Back 3 sec	Rclick		main window
Fwd 3 sec	wheel		main window (doesn't matter which way you spin the wheel, goes forward 3 seconds)

Set Start pos	Rclick		time slider window
Set Stop pos	Rclick		Cut window
Jump fwd	Lclick		Time buttons (1s, 30s, etc.)
Jump back	Rclick		Time buttons
Change Speed	Drag		Speed slider
Reset Speed	Rclick		Speed slider
Chg Volume	Drag		Volume slider
Snapshot	Lclick		Camera button (green) - Goes to Desktop

Cut the segment	Lclick		Cut window
Close file	Rclick		X button
Exit program	Lclick		X button

Clocks
Left of time slider	time of entire video
Middle of time slider	current time
Below time slider	current start and stop times 
on Cut button		length of current segment

Kim Man-Ki

Re: King--Less Video Cutter , v2.1--2021-1009 === Lossless , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons

#6 Post by Kim Man-Ki »

Cornflower wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:17 am ...
1. You says :: Change Speed Drag Speed slider ,,, Chg Volume Drag Volume slider

My answer :: When using a slider, sometimes it is easier simply to click on the spot you want to move to than to drag until .

2. You says :: but I am not sure I was able to get the frame buttons to work.

My answer :: It seems you used the frame buttons while video is playing.
To check if frame buttons work or not, you need to pause the video first because 10 or 100 frame is too small.

3. You says :: If you use the segment mode, it appears you must collect ......

My answer :: Your observation above was adopted as an usage tip of KLVC , and appear in the message box of "1 Basket" button

Update on 2021 1021 ::
The above mentioned tip at #3 appear in KLVC v2.5 , and removed in v3.0 .
The importance of the tip get reduced significantly , because a resolving arrow button was added in v3.0 so that now , you can re-order segments .

Update on 2022 0921 ::
Now , you do not need to pause the video for yourself to use the frame buttons . It has been modified to automatically pause .
Last edited by Kim Man-Ki on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cornflower

Re: King--Less Video Cutter , v2.5--2021-1014 === Lossless , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons

#7 Post by Cornflower »

That's exactly right. I like to make my own help file if there doesn't exist one, and especially as in this case once you drag a video file, the initial instructions disappear from view. The commands for the buttons remain for audio files. Kind of old school, I rely on menues and this app just doesn't use or have them. I also wanted to put down complete notes, as is my thing. Of course, they are never complete...

1. Yes, you can click on the spot as well. I tend to prefer sliding if I don't know the video well
2. The frame buttons do work when the video is stopped. Thanks.
3. Can you elaborate on #3. Just beginning to play with merging segments, but I could not find a workflow to change the order of segments without having to delete and recut it.

I really like this cutter, but it is trial and error. I'm in the process of using autohotkey to make F1 work if King--Less Video Cutter is active, to bring up this cheat sheet as a help.
Thanks for bringing this to Portable Freeware.

Midas

Re: King-Less Video Cutter (lossless media editor)

#8 Post by Midas »

@Kim Man-Ki: please edit OP subject to better fit our forum custom -- something like the above "King-Less Video Cutter (lossless media editor)" without any version numbering, which can be included in message body, will make the topic easier to find...

Thank you. 8)

Andrew Lee

Re: KingLess Video Cutter , v6.6--2021-1125 == Lossless , in Bulk , Easy & Fast , with King-Sized Buttons

#9 Post by Andrew Lee »

I recently had a look at some options for video cutting on TPFC:
Of the three, I would personally pick SimpleVideoCutter. Although I can't find it in the docs, it does cut losslessly via ffmpeg (using the "copy" codec), though I am sure you can save in some other format by twiddling with the ffmpeg params under settings. The UI looks good and is pretty easy to use, though I think it lacks keyboard shortcuts to move through the video.

However...

I cannot find any reason to ditch my current go-to app for video cutting Avidemux, which has been in my toolset forever. It is comparable in size to the 3 above (~100MB), and can do a lot more (transcoding, video filtering etc.).

It is also not particularly difficult to use. Just mark start/end and save using the "Copy" codec. It also supports keyboard shortcuts for frame-accurate navigation.