Dasher Accessible text entry
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am
This is an odd post, as the Cambridge University, Cavendish Laboratory project is in archive mode since the project head, David MacKay, passed away suddenly shortly after version 5.00 beta was released in 2016, and the developer of Dasher version 5.00, Ada Majorek, died of ALS complications in 2017. She led the version update and enhancements while she was living with ALS. Excellent demo in Ada's own words here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHQ83pMLQQ and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsSrClBwPM. There are a number of youtube examples showing this application's range.
- Target audience: Persons with difficulty using the keyboard, and require mouse, joystick, headstraw, or other devices to interact with computers
- Home Page: http://www.inference.org.uk/dasher/
- Download PageL http://www.inference.org.uk/dasher/Download.html
- Manual: http://www.inference.org.uk/dasher/Publications.html (also guides for specific accessibility needs
- Portable: Yes
- Stealth: Yes, it appears to be so on my Windows 10.
- OSes: Windows, Linux, Mac