Tweakeze

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
freewod

Re: Tweakeze

#16 Post by freewod »

Hi Midas,

First of all, I want to thank you for this great community and to allow me to post Tweakeze here.

I would like to add that for more than 13 years I was the sole Architect and Software Engineer in charge of developing an application called CCleaner.
Unfortunately, nobody knows that for all these years there wasn't a development team but only me executing and creating the source code.
I started in mid 2006 converting CCleaner version 1 from VB to C++ and ever since I have created so many versions, basically at least one per month!
Last October I left and I decided that it is time to let the world know about me and what I have accomplished throughout these years.
So I started spreading the word!

I hope this sheds some light on who is behind Tweakeze so people can be confident about it.
Let's make history repeat! ;o)

Thank you so much!

bitcoin

#17 Post by bitcoin »

freewod wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 am I would like to add that for more than 13 years I was the sole Architect and Software Engineer in charge of developing an application called CCleaner.
Unfortunately, nobody knows that for all these years there wasn't a development team but only me executing and creating the source code.
I started in mid 2006 converting CCleaner version 1 from VB to C++ and ever since I have created so many versions, basically at least one per month!
Last October I left and I decided that it is time to let the world know about me and what I have accomplished throughout these years.
So I started spreading the word!

I hope this sheds some light on who is behind Tweakeze so people can be confident about it.
Let's make history repeat! ;o)

Thank you so much!
wow, great work

i stopped updating at v5.30 since that does about everything i needed

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

freewod wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 am I would like to add that for more than 13 years I was the sole Architect and Software Engineer in charge of developing an application called CCleaner.
Then you clearly didn't need my insight on false-positives. You probably know a lot more about that topic than me. :)

freewod

#19 Post by freewod »

@bitcoin - thank you! Some late changes were really out of my control, unfortunately.

@webfork - thank you! any feedback and help is more than welcome!

freewod

#20 Post by freewod »

Hi everyone,

We just released a new version 1.13.613.

Updates:
- Added Secure Deletion for files
- Added System Idle Trigger
- Added "Older Than" for File Delete Actions
- Added Watcher for Prefetch Traces
- Improved "Organize Temp Folders" Watcher by adding "Older Than" options
- Bug fixes, performance and UI improvements

For more information:
Tweakeze.com

Support:
Community Forum

Download:
Portable
Zip

Thank you

Snapshots:
1.13_SecureDeletion2.png
1.13_SystemIdleTrigger.png
1.13_OlderThanOptionInAction.png
1.13_BadgeCenter.png

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

Any chance I could talk you out of offering a 35-pass wipe? It's bad for drives and even it's inventor doesn't recommend it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutmann_method#Criticism

Will definitely check out the watcher function, that looks in line with something I've been trying to setup.

freewod

#22 Post by freewod »

Hi webfork,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I will look into your suggestion. I added so it is not lacking when comparing to other tools.

I am trying to make Tweakeze a tool that everybody finds useful and wants to install on their computer.

I will be adding more and more features in the following weeks. Your suggestions are more than welcome...please keep it coming!

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Many thanks!

webfork

#23 Post by webfork »

Several functions are only available to "badge-holders", which is to say people who have donated. I didn't really get much out of the watcher function that I was interested in, but there were some interesting script export tools.

File details: TweakezeSetup.exe
Verified: Signed
Signing date: 9:38 AM 3/16/2021
Publisher: Tweakeze Software Inc
Company: n/a
Description: Tweakeze Installer
Product: Tweakeze
Prod version: 1.13.00.613
File version: 1.13.00.613
MachineType: 32-bit
MD5: 4698612191F929C5FD1BF4D8CFBFEA1C
SHA1: 3654DAE041F9AEB6F294E7C804A1C964B54A2A27
SHA256: D708CAED1CEF8AA72C66E7ECB1A1031D3B18FE68E3F16400BEA211F1BA315A64
IMP: EA4E67A31ACE1A72683A99B80CF37830
VT detection: 0/75
VT link: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d70 ... /detection

freewod

#24 Post by freewod »

Hi webfork,

Again, I am so sorry for the delay in responding. I have now changed the email I used here so I will be more prompt next time.

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get what you wanted from the Watchers.
Can you please let me know how I can help?
Can you please forward to me your thoughts and difficulties and problem you are trying to address.
I will look into improving, change or maybe it is even in the pipeline already...
Your feedback is more than welcome. Please help me make Tweakeze better!

Currently there are only two parts of Tweakeze that I am starting to aim to a badge holder area (premium) version:
- Loading Pre-Defined Watchers in the Creator screen
- Secure Data Deletion
All the other functionality is free.

I would like to offer badge IDs to you and any member of this forum so all of you can experience the entire feature set for free.
I am more interested in feedback/comments/suggestions than making any money.
Our members here are all power users and their feedback can help me immensely.
Please anyone interested in use any badge holder feature just PM your email address and I will send you your badge ID.

@webfork, I quite didn't understand what you wrote here:
"...but there were some interesting script export tools."
would you mind explain to me a bit more so I can confirm that you liked or not.

Anyway, anyone please don't hesitate to contact me!

Thank you for your help and support!

webfork

#25 Post by webfork »

freewod wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 am I would like to offer badge IDs to you and any member of this forum so all of you can experience the entire feature set for free.
Strange as it may sound I actually go out of my way to do things with freeware to make sure that I can talk about it here on the forums. So no worries on the premium tools. Thank you though.
freewod wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 am "...but there were some interesting script export tools."
would you mind explain to me a bit more so I can confirm that you liked or not.
Sorry I can't remember what that was about.
freewod wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 am I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get what you wanted from the Watchers.
Can you please let me know how I can help?
Hey no problem - I obviously have been slow on the reply myself :) If memory serves, I just couldn't seem to get through the menu system to setup a watcher. I'd have to go back through the program but I ran into another issue: I revisited the installer from a few months ago and sat down to test it again tonight. Unfortunately, there's a forced update:

So it [1] phones home and [2] decides local program activity based on what it finds when it phones home. Any chance I could talk you out of that?