CLCL

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
jordis

CLCL

#1 Post by jordis »

Hi,
As an alternate clipboard extender, you might consider CLCL. I see it's already in the database:
https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=469
It may probably seem "ugly" interface and tricky to understand all the options, but once you have it behave as you want, it's a great timesaver.
I'm not sure about Unicode, but developer is Japanese, so I guess it should work. Website:
https://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html
I see in hist website that there is a plugin for Unicode:
* fmt_unicode Ver 0.0.1 (2005/02/11)
o Unicode Text Format (Windows NT4, 2000, XP and later)

infimum

#2 Post by infimum »

Thanks for your reply, jordis. I did try it in the past, although I didn't mention it in my original post. The only drawback is unicode. You can deal with only one unicode clip at a time. You have to open the main window to explicitly call for that plugin. This was the deal-breaker for me.

billon

Re: CLCL

#3 Post by billon »

As noted by zorro, latest version 2.1.0 is not portable/stealth anymore, settings and history in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CLCL.
From the Japanese changelog (through G**gle Translate):
[...]
Changed to save the setting storage location in the area for each user.
→ For Windows 10 "C: \ Users \ (user name) \ AppData \ Local \ CLCL"
* Migrated automatically at first startup
What does it means exactly? Can't fully understand.
I didn't used CLCL for many years and don't know/remember all details, maybe there are some methods to force portability?

Anyway, previous versions are there.
If there will be no further news/changes, will edit the entry and link to the previous portable version 2.0.3.

zorro

#4 Post by zorro »

Previous versions created a folder (username) in the program directory, where the settings were stored. If you logged in as a different user or took the program directory with you on an USB-stick and started CLCL on another computer, another folder with the name of the respective user was created in the program directory. The settings of the first user where not taken in consideration.
I suppose this should keep the privacy. A workaround was posted in the comments: you can create yourself a folder named "default" and copy settings and history over there. Then you edit the "general.ini" and set "User="default" - now CLCL works on every computer and account with the given settings and history.

There is also a setting called "WorkDir= " in the "general.ini", but in the latest version its only effect is for CLCL to look after exisiting settings at first start. After that it has no impact - nor has the "User= " setting :(

billon

#5 Post by billon »

Seems like fixed
Ver 2.1.0 -> Ver 2.1.1
  • [...]
  • Added a setting to place settings and data in the same location as CLCL.exe.