I have always appreciated slim, light and simple programs. Some time ago I came upon such a program which turned out to be rich, powerful and sporting an elegant GUI to boot- Tom's Viewer. I found out that it was portable by design. I liked this image viewer immediately, thought of possible improvements while testing it, contacted the developer suggesting several enhancements, he accepted them and most of them were implemented in version 3.8 released on 2019-06-13. Tom's Viewer has become one of my favourite viewers. The program is very capable yet not that popular and I suppose that other users might like it too.
Tom's Editor is an online image editor.Tom's Viewer is a lightweight version of Tom's Editor.
Other features include:
- Minimalistic design
- Less than 1 MB
- Single EXE file
- Can be run in portable mode. No installation required
- Can ready 200 image formats and save to 70 formats
- Can screenshot Windows desktop, Youtube video or any website
- Can convert any image into a Windows screensaver (.SCR)
- REAL Freeware. Can be used for free for private AND commercial use
- You can jump between different images in the folder by pressing LEFT or RIGHT ARROW. Or use PREV and NEXT options from the menu
- Drag & drop images onto the program to open them instantly
- Associate the program with various supported extensions so you can click on a file to open it in Tom's Editor Desktop
- Save images AS BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF and PNM
- Load images in 200 formats, eg.: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, DDS, PSD, PCX, TGA, ITHMB, PNM, KOA, MAC
- Fit to screen;
- Full screen;
- Stay on top;
- Count used colours;
- Colour picker;
- Copy from clipboard;
- Paste from clipboard;
- Conversion (GIF to AVI, AVI to GIF, GIF to frames, frames to GIF);
- Keyboard shortcuts;
Direct download links for Tom's Viewer version 3.8 (released on 2019-06-13):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - themes (animated image):
(12 themes - Small White, Big White, Small Black, Big Black, Small Violet, Big Violet, Small Dark Violet, Big Dark Violet, Small Emerald, Big Emerald, Small Blue, Big Blue)
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - menu (animated image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - context menu (static image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - gif (animated image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - colour picker (static image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - number of colours (static image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - screenshots taken (animated image):
(Website - Website - YouTube)
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - available themes (static image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - keyboard shortcuts (static image):
Tom's Viewer version 3.8 - about (static image):
Tom's Viewer is portable by design- settings are saved in configuration INI file (TomsViewer.ini) inside program folder.
- Download the standalone executable (TomsViewer.exe);
- Put it in a preferred folder;
- Run the executable;
- If plug-ins are downloaded they are stored in sub-folder (TomsViewer) inside program folder;
I do not know the exact system requirements- I presume that Tom's Viewer should run under Windows 7 or newer. I may ask the developer for clarification.
Tom's Viewer is closed source, unrestricted freeware:
NoteREAL Freeware. Can be used for free for private AND commercial use
- I have tested only the portable version (the standalone executable).
- Tom's Viewer is slim- it just 606 KB executable.
- Tom's Viewer is light- under Windows 8 x64 it uses about 10 MB of RAM (average).
- The developer is friendly and open to suggestions.
- Tom's Viewer does not support APNG (Animated Portable Network Graphics) files (as of version 3.8)- I have requested support for APNG files and it may be implemented in the following releases.
- For me the program is good enough to be added to the database.
Several programs with similar functionality:
File details for Tom's Viewer version 3.8 (released on 2019-06-13):
File Size: 620032 Byte(s) (605.50 KB)
Modified Date: 2019-06-13 14:47
File Size: 2008571 Byte(s) (1.92 MB)
Modified Date: 2019-06-13 15:53