Moonlight Gamestream Client

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
appsuser

Moonlight Gamestream Client

#1 Post by appsuser »

Just noticed this on the PortableApps submission forum the other day - the Moonlight Gamestream project has come out with a portable, no-install version of it's client for Windows (x32 and x64).
Moonlight (formerly Limelight) is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. We implemented the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and wrote a set of 3rd party clients.

You can stream your collection of PC games from your GameStream-compatible PC to any supported device and play them remotely. Moonlight is perfect for gaming on the go without sacrificing the graphics and game selection available on PC.
Site: https://moonlight-stream.org/
Download: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... t/releases

It appears to save settings in a local .ini file (moonlight.ini).

webfork

Re: Moonlight Gamestream Client

#2 Post by webfork »

It's an interesting idea. This would solve the problem of how PCs have generally far better graphics capability than most mobile devices, but I don't see a lot of PC games with a great touch interface. You couldn't for example play any of the FarCry series without a keyboard+mouse.

appsuser

Re: Moonlight Gamestream Client

#3 Post by appsuser »

webfork wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:15 am It's an interesting idea. This would solve the problem of how PCs have generally far better graphics capability than most mobile devices, but I don't see a lot of PC games with a great touch interface. You couldn't for example play any of the FarCry series without a keyboard+mouse.
Usually use a bluetooth gamepad for these kinds of situations. This also works as a remote desktop alternative (for when you need better graphics display, like watching movies - some codecs and websites are better displayed on a PC rather than a mobile).

Also, I can access all my virtual machines running on my PC from my laptop, and switch between, no problems. ;)