[Release] FaceCam Cover

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Firewrath

Re: [Release] FaceCam Cover

#16 Post by Firewrath »

ohhhh, Spiffy!
Thanks for that. ^-^
That is pretty cool, so I linked it up in the first post,
...along with this guide I found:
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/22/vid ... video.html

Personally, and I'm sure I'm bias, I thought the program was easy to use. :P
but I guess I didn't document it that well outside of the INI file. >.>

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

Yeah, most people don't want to edit a text file to make software changes. I'll admit that I'm one of those people that doesn't want to mess with a text config file. If they could just *always* open in colorized views, that might be another thing but ... anyway. Glad to see you're getting some notice :)

webfork

Re: FaceCam Cover Update v1.0.4

#18 Post by webfork »

Firewrath wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:41 pm Ok, this Should be the final update...
Firewrath: Hey I just checked the MajorGeeks site -- it appears to be hosting an old version from 2018. Do you have some kind of interface to get that updated?

Midas

#19 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote: Yeah, most people don't want to edit a text file to make software changes. I'll admit that I'm one of those people that doesn't want to mess with a text config file.
I think that depends on implementation: if that text file is presented by the program itself when asked for changing settings; if there aren't a gazillion options and the ones that exist are mostly binary (as in "true/false" or "1/0"); and, lastly, if the text file itself is impeccably and clearly annotated so as to leave no doubt about the resulting changes... then I think any developer will get away with it. :|