Hydrogen drum machine

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
giulia

Hydrogen drum machine

#1 Post by giulia »

hi
i have tried Hydrogen drum machine and it's open source ,multi platoform window , mac and linux

homepage
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hydrogen/
Hydrogen is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. It's main goal is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming.

i have run under sandboxie , it looks stealth

thanks
Attachments
hydrogenWaltz.png

Specular

Re: Hydrogen drum machine

#2 Post by Specular »

Wow, this is a blast from the past. I think I tested 0.9.x back on XP years ago when playing around with sequencers. Looking at the Files section it resumed development more in 2016 to the present which is nice to see.

giulia

#3 Post by giulia »

Specular wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:16 am Wow, this is a blast from the past. I think I tested 0.9.x back on XP years ago when playing around with sequencers. Looking at the Files section it resumed development more in 2016 to the present which is nice to see.
hi
i was looking for a drum machine without luck

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Specular wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:16 amWow, this is a blast from the past.
Yeah ditto. Once upon a time I wanted to be a producer and played with a bunch of tools like this.

Midas

Re: LMMS Portable

#5 Post by Midas »

I haven't tested LMMS (plus it's not a drum machine) but might interest those who come here:
LMMS Portable [...] allows you to produce music with your computer including the creation of melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing of sounds, and arranging samples.

EDIT: I had forgotten all about Giada (viewtopic.php?t=22110)...

hydrogenuser

HYDROGEN DRUM MACHINE AUDIO SYNC

#6 Post by hydrogenuser »

First, does anyone know of a Hydrogen-specific forum, OR any way to contact anyone at hydrogen-music.org? The last known e-mail address (info@hydrogen-music.org) doesn't work now.

Second, here is my question:
Is there a simple way to sync the Hydrogen beat clock to an audio click track (pre-recorded on a physical multitrack recorder) without using a DAW? After 20 years of pulling my hair out figuring out the different DAWs I've had, I recently went back to recording exclusively on a big Tascam multitrack recorder and now I can spend my time making music instead of poring through 600 pages of incomplete DAW instructions. Thank you for any guidance you can give.

webfork

Re: Hydrogen Drum Machine Audio Sync

#7 Post by webfork »

I'll move this post over into the Hydrogen thread to see if anyone can help.