Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
skunkos

Re: Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

#61 Post by skunkos »

billon wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:44 am
Midas wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:35 am might as well just copy 'msvcp140.dll' and 'vcruntime140.dll' to 'textosaurus.exe' folder -- you can get those files by searching any system with the runtimes installed or from any recent Firefox folder.
Or extracting them from 'vc_redist.x64.exe
This.

I simply thought it's best to just package the VC-redist installer, because you can always extract those runtime DLLs out of it. Moreover, I read somewhere that Microsoft prefers that applications use that installer instead of distributing DLL files directly.

Midas

Re: Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

#62 Post by Midas »

Sure thing. I'm not complaining about the inclusion of 'vc_redist.x64.exe', that's the proper way to address dependencies in my book; I just wanted to share a viable shortcut for portable users. 8)

BTW, nice to see the Markdown processor updated: now it correctly recognizes shorthand angle brackets enclosed URLs (see below) as links and properly activates them, something it didn't previously. 👍

Code: Select all

<https://www.some.url>