Sordum Monitor Off

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
klon

Sordum Monitor Off

#1 Post by klon »

When using devices like Laptop which run on battery, you can significantly increase the battery life by simply Turning Off your Monitor when not required,or when performing any background tasks like a virus scan or listening to Music or downloading a huge file
If you have a desktop computer You could for example turn off your monitor manually but have you ever tried to turn off a laptop screen? Most laptops don’t offer this feature. Sordum Monitor off Software is a Portable freeware to Switch Off your Desktop or Laptop Monitor with single Mouse click or by pressing a Keyboard key . This utility also has lock the workstation feature as an extra form of security.

Release date: 2019.11.20

What is New

1. [Fixed] - The Laptop screen turns on automatically after a certain time
2. [Added] - Block keyboard When Screen Turns Off
3. [Added] - Block Mouse When Screen Turns Off
4. [Added] - Mute Sound When Screen Turns Off
5. [Added] - Automatically start with windows startup
6. [Added] - Create a shortcut to the desktop
7. [Added] - More cmd Parameter support
8. [Added] - 64 bit version

Download
https://www.sordum.org/10104/sordum-monitor-off-v1-1/
Last edited by klon on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

webfork

Re: Sordum Monitor Off v1.0

#2 Post by webfork »

Great add, thanks. I've been using a few ancient tools to this end and not sure if they're going to work on my eventual move to Win10.

klon

#3 Post by klon »

Thank you webfork , we are planning to improve sordum Monitor off features , but of course it depends on user interest

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

My plan was to wait until Win10 to test this program out but I still haven't officially moved my home machine over. Anyway I went ahead and ran it on a Win7x86 (under VirtualBox) without success. Not sure if the VirtualBox program was interfering or what.

Also, I didn't notice before but the Sordum program is self-destructing, meaning that it closes once the operation runs. In a world of operations that use more and more RAM, programs that go away are very welcome.

klon

Re: Sordum Monitor Off v1.1

#5 Post by klon »

Sordum Monitor Off v1.1 released