Ghostpress: Anti-Keylogger

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Pony

Ghostpress: Anti-Keylogger

#1 Post by Pony »

Ghostpress is a free anti-keylogging software that prevents malicious software from capturing your keyboard presses.
  • Full system-wide key-press protection
  • Desktop widget or favicon
  • 12 Languages (Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Polish and Spanish)
  • Ultra-fast performance
  • Process-protection
  • Anti low-level keylogger
It works by blocking all but the intended application from receiving the keystrokes.

[img]http:// i63.tinypic.com/10numj5.jpg[/img]

For its small size (~1 MB), it seems remarkably effective against software-keylogger methods. (Tested against Anti-Keylogger Tester.)

Ghostpress: [links dead!]
Website -- http://hendrik-schiffer.com/ghostpress.html
Download -- http://hendrik-schiffer.com/software/do ... tpress.php (zip)
Last edited by Pony on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

webfork

Re: Ghostpress: Anti-Keylogger

#2 Post by webfork »

Softpedia link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/K ... ress.shtml

Softpedia lists it as portable and it's from the developer of OW Shredder, which is portable.

License: Freeware

I unfortunately can't find any data on how it works.

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

@Pony

Please update your post to include expanded URL links to Website / Download Page. Thanks.

smaragdus

Re: Ghostpress

#4 Post by smaragdus »

Pony has added Ghostpress to the database but again for Website URL he used shortened URL- I think that the usage of URL shortening services in the database entries should be disallowed.

Pony

#5 Post by Pony »

It's in the private database and likely to stay there: I don't see the problem.
It could be changed if and when it makes it to the public database but I'm doubting that any of my entries (4) will make it there as I can clearly see there is little interest in them.
How about they all just get deleted?

joby_toss

#6 Post by joby_toss »

How about not?

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

@Pony: you have the grasp the notion that TPFC is here for the (really) long run -- some of our topics date back to 2006, that's pre-historic in terms of Internet time; a lot can and does happen in such time scope. :mrgreen:

I haven't had the leisure to test your great offer, but I'm hoping to come round to it soon...

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

joby_toss wrote:How about not?
We need a like button. :wink:

xor

#9 Post by xor »

Rather than a LIKE/DISLIKE thing, every App has a "Wait and see" status, it's just a matter of time for someone to find a direct use for it and the time and dedication to further test it, I'm sure Pony's suggestions will fit in someone's workflow sooner than later.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

pony wrote: It could be changed if and when it makes it to the public database but I'm doubting that any of my entries (4) will make it there as I can clearly see there is little interest in them.
There's several ways you can encourage people to vote for a program:
  • Give it time to be tested. It's important that a program has been vetted to verify that it's actually portable. Many times I've gone back and removed a program that wasn't, so I'm cautious. Some time is needed for testing and as we're a site of volunteers, someone has to volunteer to test it.

• Make a case for it's use. Getting people to try a program is 1/2 the distance to use. I had one submission that wasn't accepted for more than a year (muCommander) because of a general distaste on the site for Java. Eventually the user base came around to what it could do, like portable file associations.

• Note how this a tool people are going to use. For example, many programs that make the lives of portable users easy are always strong targets. USB utilities, sync programs, and portable start menus have all been popular topics. Also, if it just avoids various problems common to freeware, that's always encouraging.

A converse example is that while I'm interested in GPG encryption tools and have put in a lot of work on them over time. However, I understand that nobody uses GPG. As a result, the various tools I've posted about have seen little interest over time.

• Write up a good entry. I've done a bit on how I edit entries. (That doesn't really apply in this specific situation as your entries look pretty good.)
You may wish to make the case for a program before actually adding it to the database. I've floated a lot of programs to see what kind of interest I could find before actually adding them.

Specular

#11 Post by Specular »

Yeah, webfork's last comment about checking interest is worthwhile. Many programs have threads before they're DB entries. Occasionally genuinely good programs sometimes lack a DB entry at all.

I have one or two entries that never made it public that I posted about in the forum (eg: IntelBurnTest), so there are times some entries just stay private for whatever reason.

xor

#12 Post by xor »

webfork wrote:There's several ways you can encourage people to vote for a program:
Maybe convincing users that it is a really good software program:
GhostPress was picked as a favorite AntiKeylogger at List Of Freeware just today. :)

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

xor wrote:
webfork wrote:There's several ways you can encourage people to vote for a program:
Maybe convincing users that it is a really good software program:
GhostPress was picked as a favorite AntiKeylogger at List Of Freeware just today. :)
I should have replied to this sooner but that's a great example.

shnbwmn

#14 Post by shnbwmn »

Pony wrote:Please DELETE my account and all my entries!
I see the submissions forum as a kind of portability repository. Regardless if the program is popular or not, or even included in the database, it has a submission and the test results are there for future reference should anyone be looking for it. Having said that, don't you think it's a little selfish to then delete that reference work and hence make more work for future potential submitters?

Midas

#15 Post by Midas »

shnbwmn wrote:I see the submissions forum as a kind of portability repository. Regardless if the program is popular or not, or even included in the database, it has a submission and the test results are there for future reference should anyone be looking for it.
I for one fully support your concept... :!: