CherryPlayer - media stream player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: CherryPlayer 2.4.8

#16 Post by smaragdus »

CherryPlayer at version 2.4.8, changes:
New features:
1. Added ability to change font size of all text in player. You can change font size:
- "Main menu" -> "Skin" -> "Font size"
- "Window settings" -> tab "Skin" -> "Font size"
Increased default font size to 15px.
2. Added search timeout 15 seconds.
3. Added support opening url link from video description.
4. Translated player to Hungarian, Korean and Slovenian.

Changed:
1. Moved YouTube video description to video bar in right part.
2. Increased font of YouTube video description.

Fixed:
1. Click on button sometimes show tooltip.
2. Aspect ratio in menu does not work properly.
3. YouTube video has now channel name in playlist if drag&drop video on player/playlist.
4. Copy text of youtube description does not work.
5. Click on Menu "Settings" -> "Twitch settings" and "YouTube settings" do not work.
6. Context menu to copy text is not shown when right click on video chat/comments panel.
7. Twitch page filter has empty list.
8. Select media type does not work properly in "Open Url" dialog window.
9. Copy text in chat does not work.
10. Copy url does not work.
11. Copy title does not work.
There is a mystery I cannot solve- either the developer is living in 2017 or his compiler thinks it is 2017- the new release was announced on 2018-07-27, the executable (CherryPlayer.exe) is from 2017-07-26. This happened with previous versions too.

smaragdus

Re: CherryPlayer 2.5.1

#17 Post by smaragdus »

CherryPlayer at version 2.5.1, recent changes:

CherryPlayer 2.5.0
1. Fixed YouTube playback errors.

2. Improved YouTube downloading.
2.1. Added ability to download YouTube 480p, 1080p, 1440p, 2160p and 4320p.
2.2. Added ability to download YouTube 60fps video (if available).
2.3. Added ability to download YouTube 3D video (if available).
2.4. Added ability to download YouTube video with custom settings - select Video and Audio streams that will be muxed in final downloaded file.
2.5. Added "My downloads" section in left panel with ability to hide this section via menu.

3. Improved Music search engine.

4. Fixed incorrect titles of pages in context menu of "Previous Playlist"/"Next playlist".

5. Added support of Slovak and Japanese translations.
CherryPlayer 2.5.1
1. Fixed error during playback & downloading of some YouTube videos.
2. Updated Shoutcast support of top stations, genres and subgenres.
3. Added Audio settings to normalize Video volume and boost volume for Music and Video.
4. Added new feature: left panel is automatically hidden/shown when start/stop video playback with ability to enable/disable this option in settings.
5. Added new feature: paste url & title from clipboard to "Open Url/Live/Radio" dialog fields.
6. Added new feature: "Date" tag for YouTube, Twitch and 4Shared videos.
7. Added new feature: sorting in playlist by Date.
8. Added ability to remove items from "My Downloads" and "Recent Media" playlists.
9. Fixed some small bugs in playback title.
10. Added support of Italian and Turkey translation.
So far so good- version 2.5.0 had problems with YouTube playback which were really fixed in version 2.5.1 but YouTube changes so often that maintaining a web player is hard.

bitcoin

Re: CherryPlayer - media stream player

#18 Post by bitcoin »

v2.5.2 was released Jan 28th
CherryPlayer 2.5.2 released
by Vitaliy
01-28-2019 at 10:44 PM (710 Views)

1. Fixed broken YouTube playback & downloading for some videos.
2. Fixed empty YouTube "Subscriptions" playlist.
3. To login into YouTube use now installed in system Internet Explorer browser engine instead of old WebKit browser engine that is not supported properly by YouTube.
4. Fixed login to Twitch. To login into Twitch use now installed in system Internet Explorer browser engine instead of old WebKit browser engine that is not supported properly by Twitch.
5. Added new feature: save playback position for played files with ability to enable/disable this feature in settings.
6. Fixed: file in "Recent Media" playlist is moved to the top of playlist if start playback.
7. Improved "Date" functionality for playlist items.

bitcoin

#19 Post by bitcoin »

now at v3.3.2 as of August 24th:

Version 3.3.2:
1. Fixed crash at start playback media without extension
2. Improved perfomance of loading radio pages
3. Fix correct parsing music tracks for artist & title
4. Fixed broken Delete items from the playlist after selecting them with Ctrl+A
5. Fixed broken order of adding urls from m3u8 fils
6. Fixed sometimes broken hotkeys work that include “Enter” key
7. Added support of the “user-agent” option for iptv playback
8. Fixed an error at multiselection in the playlist.
CherryPlayer 3.3.1
1. Improved music search.
2. Fixed incorrect size of the preview window over playback bar during video playback from local disk.
3. Fixed broken aspect ratio work in menu.
CherryPlayer 3.3.0
Version 3.3.0:
Ported CherryPlayer to Windows 64-bit.
– Added High DPI support.
– Fixed bugs in YouTube playback.
– Improved performance.
– Updated Italian, Korean, Polish, Slovak, Slovenian translations. Added Greek translation.
– Fixed different bugs.

Midas

#20 Post by Midas »

smaragdus wrote: There is a mystery I cannot solve- either the developer is living in 2017 or his compiler thinks it is 2017- the new release was announced on 2018-07-27, the executable (CherryPlayer.exe) is from 2017-07-26. This happened with previous versions too.

Quick note to point something that struck me while looking at the latest news is that the issue first pointed by smaragdus above might be related to the following CherryPlayer requirement...
You need to download & install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio 2017 to run CherryPlayer.

Incidentally, this isn't entirely true anymore, as CherryPlayer asked to setup a more encompassing version on my Windows 10 system.

And as topic refresher, here's CherryPlayer last official screenshot, BTW:

Edit: I think I found a UI bug -- whatever I do, "Copy URL" never works, either from the track 3 button menu, the title bar one or the various keyboard shortcuts, it just copies the "cherryplayer:cmd=play&type=music" string instead. (And please don't tell me to make a post to CherryPlayer "Bug Reports" forum, the place is overrun by spammers.)