Keypirinha - Windows Launcher

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
polyvertex

Re: Keypirinha - Windows Launcher - 64bit Only

#16 Post by polyvertex »

webfork wrote:Actually, I think the dev has -- in a very nice way -- said "no thanks".
What I meant was more: "clearly not for tomorrow, but the day after if enough people are interested".
Well, of course you could argue about the meaning of "enough people" in this context but then the discussion would be endless.

But for example, I heard your "library, cafe, or computer lab" argument: a strong design trait of Keypirinha is portability (in the sense of being used equally on several machines).

polyvertex

#17 Post by polyvertex »

Small update for those who are interested, Keypirinha is now available for 32-bit platforms as well.

smaragdus

Re: Keypirinha 2.12

#18 Post by smaragdus »

@polyvertex
polyvertex wrote:Small update for those who are interested, Keypirinha is now available for 32-bit platforms as well.
This is a great news and besides the x32 release there is another great news- Keypirinha version 2.12 is released in 7Z format, thank you, polyvertex!
Change Log
Download Page
Download Page

polyvertex

#19 Post by polyvertex »

@smaradgus thanks for the nice feedback!

Please link only to the original download page.
The second link you gave is outdated already as of v2.12.

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

polyvertex wrote:
webfork wrote:Actually, I think the dev has -- in a very nice way -- said "no thanks".
What I meant was more: "clearly not for tomorrow, but the day after if enough people are interested".
You were right. I checked the issue posted to Github and there is now a 32-bit version. Now I can test the program (and will rename the thread)
https://github.com/Keypirinha/Keypirinha/issues/72

smaragdus

Re: Keypirinha

#21 Post by smaragdus »

Currently Keypirinha provides both x32 and x64 versions, check releases. Someone has already added Keypirinha to the database. I find the program not easy to configure.

webfork

Re: Keypirinha - Windows Launcher

#22 Post by webfork »

New update out with quite a few changes a little less than a month ago v2.24: http://keypirinha.com/changelog.html

freakazoid

Re: Keypirinha - Windows Launcher

#23 Post by freakazoid »

Recently gave this a try. This launcher isn't that bad!

Uses about 25MB RAM and about 24MB uncompressed disk space. However, configuration is entirely text-based, which can be troublesome for those used to a GUI. I kind of dig it though! Has a Packages concept that extends the behavior of what you type into the launcher. It's interesting, but I haven't found anything I'd use regularly yet. One to keep an eye on, but not meant for those that aren't used to text-file configuration.
is it stealth? ;)