URL Monit@r

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: URL Monit@r

#46 Post by smaragdus »

@tactictoe
Thanks but I think it would be better that you revert tray options to version 1.2.3.1, now it is impossible to exit the program if "Exit minimise the software to tray" is enabled.
Regards

tactictoe

#47 Post by tactictoe »

smaragdus wrote:@tactictoe
Thanks but I think it would be better that you revert tray options to version 1.2.3.1, now it is impossible to exit the program if "Exit minimise the software to tray" is enabled.
Regards
I cannot revert as easy as that. But What I could do is a message when you click the exit button of the context menu and the exit door of the main window. Asking if you want to exit the software due to this option enabled. Or I could re enable the software exit button of the context menu that will exit even if 'Exit minimise to tray'. As for now you need to untick exit minimise to tray to exit the software.

What is your suggestion here but reverting?

Edited: The Exit button of the context menu is enabled no matter what. And it does exit the software even Exit minimise to tray is checked. After all the application is already minimised and the exit therefore occurs. I think this is the best solution. It is implemented now and will be release with the next version. I'd rather keep the options you suggested and work around the problem than scratch it for good. It was and still a good suggestion.
I executed it to the letter too well in a way, my logic was impaired due to not enough coffee. I need to blame something... :lol: Here is the blame: Darn Coffee machine, you slow galah...
Am I thinking like my own robots now? :shock:

tactictoe

#48 Post by tactictoe »

Okay I uploaded the corrected version on the site, just did not change the version number (Still version 1.2.3.2). Exit from the tray icon does exit the software now.

smaragdus

#49 Post by smaragdus »

@tactictoe
Your latest modification of tray settings is just fine- now tray command "Exit" is possible- I was about to suggest this behaviour but I see you have already implemented it.
I can see that now URL Monit@r captures FTP links- great! But as far as I can see this enhancement isn't documented in the update page.
Thanks and regards.

tactictoe

#50 Post by tactictoe »

URL Monit@r V1.2.3.3 is up
Release date 28/03/2016 10:41:22 AWST - UTC +08:00
What is new in this update:

Main: Navigation button manages errors by user custom browser's choice in the options (Set default browser):
* Directory not existing anymore,
* File not existing anymore,
* User's custom browser error.
Main: Capture of FTP URL possible if accepted by the FTP site.

smaragdus

#51 Post by smaragdus »

@tactictoe
Hello, when "Start the software minimised" is enabled it appears minimized in task-bar, however I expected a but different behaviour- starting minimized to tray without appearing in the task-bar, but this is not an issue.

tactictoe

#52 Post by tactictoe »

smaragdus wrote:@tactictoe
Hello, when "Start the software minimised" is enabled it appears minimized in task-bar, however I expected a but different behaviour- starting minimized to tray without appearing in the task-bar, but this is not an issue.
Confirmed. I think I forgot to hide at startup when the option is ticked. Not a bug, just a miss here. Will do this for next release. How is behaving the software in term of capture of URL when minimised to tray with your PC? Would love a little bit of feedback of people using it to improve this software and so far you are the only one giving me some feedback. Which is great. :D

Have a nice day.

smaragdus

#53 Post by smaragdus »

@tactictoe
Hello,
URL Monit@r is behaving just fine capturing URLs when minimized- it shows balloon notifications. However I encountered a problem with FTP URLs- it will capture for example ftp.opera.com but it won't capture ftp://ftp.opera.com, is this fixable?
Have a nice day too.