AIMP - audio player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
nickoftime

AIMP 2 Player

#16 Post by nickoftime »

In two words... "well done" :)

You can easily set this up as portable by extracting the install [exe] using Universal Extractor. AIMP2 does not leave any footprint, in the registry or a windows folder.

The UI is polished with a simple layout. Also, program runs stable and all of the features work correctly.

This one has to be added to the collection for those that want a polished, graphical player.

Cheers,

Nick

bassiliin

#17 Post by bassiliin »

extracted with universal extractor and when using RegFromApp there are still some registry entries made

a-_._-b

Ok... you wined me

#18 Post by a-_._-b »

Escuse my english... i was loging to post about Aimp2.5 official release (the beta was on january, but was disaperared from the formun moth ago)
About the portability... there is an option in the installer to make it portable... at the end is like any other portable app... i think there is no need to uniextract it.
I don't know why the people still talking about other music players like foobar when Aimp is the best one... i know that the likings of every one (i don't know how to say it in english... ) are teir own... but... compare the sound between fb2k and aimp and you'll know what i'm talking about... and the cpu usage, and the look... and the size... and the number of eq bars, and the stability, and the easy to use.

bassiliin

#19 Post by bassiliin »

I must agree that player is nice. But what I dislike is that info (like bitrates, type of file, khz etc) wastes space in playlist. In 1024x768 resolution every pixel is counted ;)

Leif

#20 Post by Leif »

bassiliin wrote:I must agree that player is nice. But what I dislike is that info (like bitrates, type of file, khz etc) wastes space in playlist. In 1024x768 resolution every pixel is counted ;)
Options --> Playlist: Hide second line...

bassiliin

#21 Post by bassiliin »

Nice

infimum

Re: Ok... you wined me

#22 Post by infimum »

a-_._-b wrote:I don't know why the people still talking about other music players like foobar when Aimp is the best one... i know that the likings of every one (i don't know how to say it in english... ) are teir own... but... compare the sound between fb2k and aimp and you'll know what i'm talking about... and the cpu usage, and the look... and the size... and the number of eq bars, and the stability, and the easy to use.
There are some pople who try to avoid using skins at all cost. Easy to use but hard to read the help file (that is, if you are not Russian), e.g. how can I launch the tag editor from command line? Speaking of ease of use, I'm not keen on foobar either. Plugins scattered all over and you have to wave through piles of Hydrogenaudio threads.

garbanzo

#23 Post by garbanzo »

i've been using foobar for ages but have been hearing good thigns about aimp2 so i'm checking it out now. not bad! it has all the features of a good foobar config right out of the box. i'm not keen on the media library, i think it really needs to be polished (and it doesn't know how to display multi-disk albums properly). it's also sorely lacking an english manual! also noticed that adding 5000 tracks to the mass tag editor makes it gobble up 100% of my CPU. that's bad.

what i miss is the ability to customize things. sure foobar has a learnign curve, but you can change every little aspect of that. i keep diging around aimp2 looking for a way to adjust things in the media libary, but it is what it is...

nickoftime

AIMP2

#24 Post by nickoftime »

All you guys have posted good stuff here. Always good to hear everybody's views.

I have used it over the past few days (at work & home using my thumb drive) and it works perfectly. Yes, I do carry selected music on my drive :)

BTW, I still see no traces of registry entires when using the program. I'll try RegFromApp using the same method (with a clean OS install) and will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Nick

Checker

AIMP V2.60 RC3, Build 512

#25 Post by Checker »

TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1444 is on V2.51

V2.60 RC3, Build 512 is available.
Download: http://www.aimp.ru/index.php?do=cat&category=aimp
Last edited by Checker on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 am, edited 9 times in total.

joby_toss

#26 Post by joby_toss »

Just a minor thing:
it says
"+ Plugins: Automatic computer shutdown is a plugin now",
but I can't find any; the old way of auto shutdown does not work anymore; any ideas ?

bassiliin

#27 Post by bassiliin »

joby_toss wrote:Just a minor thing:
it says
but I can't find any; the old way of auto shutdown does not work anymore; any ideas ?
found such info:
http://www.aimp.ru/forum/index.php?topic=14074.0

joby_toss

#28 Post by joby_toss »

bassiliin wrote:
joby_toss wrote:Just a minor thing:
it says
found such info:
http://www.aimp.ru/forum/index.php?topic=14074.0
Thanks!
Until that time, back to the stable version. :)

Checker

#29 Post by Checker »

joby_toss wrote:Thanks!
Until that time, back to the stable version. :)
Right you are ... and thanks for this info :!:

Checker

#30 Post by Checker »

It's now V2.60 Beta 2, Build 486 :!:
So I changed my first posting accordingly.

But it's still beta :wink: