AIMP - audio player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
giulia

Re: AIMP3

#76 Post by giulia »

SYSTEM wrote:
giulia wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:
I don't know. I have UAC enabled myself and don't have any need for runas.
hi SYSTEM
thanks
do you run w7 ?
No, I use Windows 10. Why do you ask?
because windows 10 seems more secure then w7 , i mean it , i have both ,i found w10 more attentive to security

i will test under 10
thanks

webfork

#77 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote:because windows 10 seems more secure then w7 , i mean it , i have both ,i found w10 more attentive to security
There's several issues where Win10 might be less secure:
  • Almost universally, new features in any program/operating system tend to bring new security issues
  • Older Windows operating systems (excluding those they quit updating) tend to be more secure as there's been more time to fix problems
  • Win7 dominates the desktop Enterprise space, where security failures would be most painful, so it probably gets Microsoft's best people

SYSTEM

#78 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
giulia wrote:because windows 10 seems more secure then w7 , i mean it , i have both ,i found w10 more attentive to security
There's several issues where Win10 might be less secure:
  • Almost universally, new features in any program/operating system tend to bring new security issues
  • Older Windows operating systems (excluding those they quit updating) tend to be more secure as there's been more time to fix problems
  • Win7 dominates the desktop Enterprise space, where security failures would be most painful, so it probably gets Microsoft's best people
On the other hand, a major upgrade has given Microsoft the chance to harden components such as the kernel, fixing small issues which might turn into vulnerabilities even if they are not currently exploitable. Those changes haven't been backported to Windows 7 because of the risk of regressions.

Most notable is that Microsoft removed support for SafeDisc and SecuROM DRM systems which are used by some old games. There Microsoft sacrificed some backwards compatibility in the name of security.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

Re: AIMP

#79 Post by webfork »

This looks like a fun program to work with:

AIMP Skin Editor
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... itor.shtml

I wish there were an equivalent program for open source alternatives.

giulia

#80 Post by giulia »

hi
aimp 4 release by portableapps doesn't look stealth
can somebody test it and confirm ?
thanks

shnbwmn

#81 Post by shnbwmn »

giulia wrote:doesn't look stealth
How so? It helps to know what to look out for.

giulia

#82 Post by giulia »

hi
v5 is out
does somebody test the no intall (portable mode ) ?
thanks