imgPark

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
billon

imgPark

#1 Post by billon »

Quote from Freeware Files:
You may use the Clipboard to hold copied images and paste them where you need. However, the Clipboard is only suitable if you are working with one or a few images because it only holds one image file at a time. Thankfully, imgPark gives you a temporary space where you can hold multiple images.

The lightweight and free software can hold as many images as you want, as your only limitation is the amount of memory your computer has. It lets you park images by copying either the images themselves or their file names.

When you launch the portable application, it displays a small square window that always stays on top irrespective of the program you are using. However, you can adjust its size by dragging the lower right corner.

When you copy an image or its name, it appears on the window. The lower part of the window displays the number of parked images and dimensions of the current image. It shows the current dimension of the image on the screen and its actual size in pixels. The current dimension changes as you adjust the size of the application window.

The application makes it easy to create thumbnails. You just need to adjust the image on the screen to the required dimension and then click "Resize image" on the context menu. You can save images in either JPEG, PNG or bitmap format.

Please note that imgPark must be set to watch the Clipboard via the context menu, which is the default setting. Other things you can perform by right-clicking include rotating image either left or right, resizing, saving the current image or all images, reloading or replacing parked images and exiting the application.
From author:
imgPark is a single file application that does not require installation. It does not use the registry nor save settings so can be readily run from removable media.

As far as I am aware, though not tested, this application should run in all versions of Windows.

This software is freeware...
Author's site (there is nothing but only email)

DL - http://chesterway.co.uk/software/imgpark4.zip ~ 485 KB
Portable/Stealth

webfork

Re: imgPark

#2 Post by webfork »

Usage Notes

I recommend this program to anyone who copies and pastes images frequently. It's nice to have a small and easy to reference view of what's in your clipboard history. Ditto has something similar (in fact it's almost the exact same size as the 'thumb' view) but the window isn't as easily resized.

The "resize image" option is great. Just size the window to what you want, right click, and select resize.

This is one of those programs that would really benefit from a short video intro.

Wishlist

* More abilities to transform copied images beyond just rotating
* Ability to turn off it's status as always on top of other windows
* Ability to quick-save all images to a pre-set format and pre-selected folder
* Some explanation of what "parking" an image does

License

Some kind of freeware.
This software is FREEWARE and permission is granted for anyone to use this software for their own personal use. Though FREEWARE the author retains copyright of the code and authority should be sought to include it in any library offered to the public.
I don't know if "library" is code for download sites or it means actual libraries. I don't know if "own personal use" means "for personal use only". This is why standard licensing is just a big deal. That said, I don't think the author is going to come after you with a lawsuit if you fail to fully understand his preferences here.

I should note that the author specifically asks in the readme file NOT to do what I'm currently doing:
If you discover a problem, please email me with details - posting meaningless comment in a review helps no-one and tells more about the poster than the software!
I might email him/her about it at some point in the future if I keep using this tool.

juverax

#3 Post by juverax »

I could not find imgPark on the internet.

Reply of the author to my email:
"I didn't pursue development of imgpark - I decided it was just as easy
to create a temporary desktop folder and dump images in there as required."

... THE END !

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

FYI, ClipDiary stores images by default... :idea:

nickoftime

#5 Post by nickoftime »

Midas is absolutely right... ClipDiary stores your images quite well. I use it to save text and images/screenshots. Also, I use FreeShooter to capture screenshots during conference calls or if I need to take a quick screenshot of website content. I will keep these items in ClipDiary for future reference.

Hope this helps...

Nick

juverax

#6 Post by juverax »

@Midas, @nickoftime: Thank you, you are right.
I admit that my main motivation was updating the TPFC's knowledge base.