Unlocker - manage unmovable files

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
rscasas

Unlocker - manage unmovable files

#1 Post by rscasas »

Helo.
This Software can unlock windows files, folders,etc...
I 'm using in my stick whitout problem.

Here are unlocking features:
Close ,handle Kill,process Unload,DLL Delete,index.dat Delete, Rename, Move Invalid Names Without reboot With reboot , Context, Menu, CommandLine / GUI, Free...

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker

Sorry my english
Ramón.

Ennovy

#2 Post by Ennovy »

Hello rscasas

Unlocker has been discussed here before:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... t=unlocker for instance.

And it's not portable :(

Try the suggested DelAny, it's in the database :lol:

m^(2)

#3 Post by m^(2) »

ForceDel.
Similar, portable.

pir2pir

#4 Post by pir2pir »

Unlocker is portable ! I did it with autoIt

The launcher just create a shortcut in userprofile\SendTo\ and a key in the register to make a contextMenu (right click on a folder or file).

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/22880597/Unlocker_1.8.5_portable.rar
Execute the file named "unlocker_portable.exe"

A contextMenu is added.

Simply right click on a file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file
or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes
locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you
are done.

a shortcut is created in userprofile\SendTo\. Just right click => "sendTo" => unlocker

ContextMenu added and shortcut are automaically deleted after close AssistantUnlocker in the systray (right click on the systray icon => close)
Last edited by pir2pir on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ennovy

#5 Post by Ennovy »

@pir2pir

Do you have a website ? Is the sourcecode available?
I would like to visit your site, because personally I don't download software from Rapidshare :wink:

Local

#6 Post by Local »

I really want this portable but again rapidshare links always seem a bit suspicious to me.

I'd really like to know how you got around the registering a driver problem though pir2pir

USB_Kx

#7 Post by USB_Kx »

package seems clean acc. to nod32.

the source isnt there. its in autoit. compiled.

If you don't risk anything, then you risk even more.
- Erica Jong

pir2pir

#8 Post by pir2pir »

pb with rapidshare ? one of the fasters upload and download services. Don't be afraid !
If necessary im ok to upload on other upload service.

Be cool with the soft. I said i Made just a launcher like the others launchers portable made with NSIS for lot's of portables (if you know portableapps.com, you would know what i mean).
And if you are not sure, launch Total uninstall before use my portable and have look in the register after close.

i had idea to make portable version of unlocker because never find a good one before on the web and i repeat it was a AutoIt script for newsbies. Lot's of portables unlocker versions are thinstalled and don't work fine because needs to copy file in sendTo and a key in the register (thinstall creates sandboxes folder systems and register), then at the end of use, my launcher cleans all before close unlocker.

Best regards.

lbaty

#9 Post by lbaty »

I use Unlocker portably.

My solution is not as elegant as the right-click sendto solution suggested earlier, however it works well for me.

# Make a folder on your flashdrive containing 2 unlocker files "Unlocker.exe" & "UnlockerDriver5.sys".
# Create an entry in Pstart which opens the unlocker folder.
# When needed open the unlocker folder form Pstart and drag/drop the locked file onto "Unlocker.exe".

The main functionality of Unlocker works fine (not sure about locked files which require reboot).

Queue

#10 Post by Queue »

It seems Unlocker will dynamically load its driver (UnlockerDriver5.sys) at run-time then unload it when done. Also, it doesn't seem to fiddle with the registry or any settings files so it's quite portable, the problem of course being how to get a file sent to Unlocker to be unlocked.

So, I prepared a small (20KB compiled) C++ program that's simply a little square window that you can drag and drop a file onto to send it to Unlocker.exe.

However, I'm new to these forums; what'd be the best way to get the program (and its source code) posted to test? These forums don't seem to do attachments or anything. =/

QM

Andrew Lee

#11 Post by Andrew Lee »

However, I'm new to these forums; what'd be the best way to get the program (and its source code) posted to test? These forums don't seem to do attachments or anything. =/
Try one of those free file upload sites. I have been using localhostr these days, but there are numerous others. Just avoid RapidShare and equivalent, just they make users jump through hoops to download the files.

Queue

#12 Post by Queue »

Thanks for the information and the site recommendation; localhostr sure is quick and simple.

http://localhostr.com/files/48003f0aa5f89dfbfb6a.zip

Ok folks, give my little tool a shot if you're interested; I've named it FastDrop and here's how it works:

It accepts a command line argument pointing to a file that you want to give drag&drop capability to. So, to use it with Unlocker, you'll need a shortcut or batchfile that runs FastDrop.exe with the command line of Unlocker.exe, and you'll want Fastdrop.exe, Unlocker.exe and UnlockerDriver5.sys in the same folder. When run, it'll open a relatively small (150x150 pixel) window that you can drag&drop files onto which will then be passed on as a command line to Unlocker.exe.

Personally, I'm using PStart and using it to start FastDrop.exe with Unlocker.exe as the command line argument.

This is very alpha but a very simple program. The code could use some cleaning up (as there was some significant guess&checking going on during development), but it's all there in the zip file for you to scrutinize.

Other than some optimization and better handling of a blank commandline, the program is finished.

QM

freakazoid

#13 Post by freakazoid »

m^(2) wrote:ForceDel.
Similar, portable.
virus detected... i know it's a false positive... but when you're at work... not a good thing to explain to IT!

also to queue:

what do you have to put in the command line to get FastDrop to work with Unlocker?

Queue

#14 Post by Queue »

http://localhostr.com/files/bb9ed8bc88615eec38a1.zip

There's a new version, potentially final unless I mess with the graphic redraw (you'll see what I'm talking about). Regardless, this version's improved over that initial release.

There are two ways you can use FastDrop.exe.

Option 1 is to simply run it and a square window will pop up; then drop whatever executable you want to use on to the window and another window will open and anything you drop on that new window will be passed to the executable you dropped on the first window as a commandline argument.

So, you could run FastDrop.exe then drag&drop Unlocker.exe onto the FastDrop window and a new window will open and any file you drag&drop on the new window will be sent to Unlocker.exe as a commandline argument.

Option 2 is the intended method and that is to make a shortcut (or batch file, etc.) to FastDrop.exe with a commandline argument pointing to an executable file (relative paths are supported).

So, if FastDrop.exe and Unlocker.exe are in the same folder, a batch file that runs "FastDrop.exe Unlocker.exe" will start FastDrop and any file drag&dropped onto the window will be passed to Unlocker.

In other words, the purpose of FastDrop is to provide a drag&drop capable window to pass a file to another program as a commandline argument. Using, for example, PStart, you can then have a FastDrop window open to make sending a file to a certain program more easily than navigating to a folder with a program in it, and drag&dropping a file directly onto a given exe file.

QM

Toxteth O'Grady

#15 Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

m^(2) wrote:ForceDel.
Similar, portable.
Where can I find the available command line parameters for this program?