WildGem - Regex but without the confusion

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: WildGem - Regex but without the confusion

#31 Post by Midas »

twinbee wrote: WildGem Version 1.60 out now! Download at the usual place:

http://www.skytopia.com/software/wildgem/

Andrew and Midas: Should hopefully work for both of you now.

Can confirm, looks totally fine on my side. Thank you. 8)

Minor niggle: please allow for help dialog copying (I can select it alright, but only CTRL+C works, not right-clicking), so it can be read while still being able to access WildGem's UI for experimenting.

twinbee

#32 Post by twinbee »

Minor niggle: please allow for help dialog copying (I can select it alright, but only CTRL+C works, not right-clicking), so it can be read while still being able to access WildGem's UI for experimenting.
Sounds like an idea. To be clear though, you are still able to access the main WildGem window while the Help window is open, so you can still have them both open simultaneously. By the way, did you know you can also hover over the buttons to read their tooltip (the Help file is basically an accumulation of all the tooltips).

Andrew Lee

#33 Post by Andrew Lee »

twinbee wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:18 pm Andrew and Midas: Should hopefully work for both of you now. I tested on Windows 10 and Windows 7 at 1920x1080 and 1360x768 using scalings of 100%, 125%, 150% and 175% (and more) with both Windows XP style scaling and normal.
Yup, works for me too. Thanks!

I consider myself above average with regex, but I can never remember some of the rarer regex operators. So I frequently google for a cheatsheet and an online regex tester, and use them together to construct the more complex regexes. I am keeping this and see if it can replace my current workflow.

Andrew Lee

#34 Post by Andrew Lee »

Posted to the database:

https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=3060

Please vote!

Midas

#35 Post by Midas »

twinbee wrote: To be clear though, you are still able to access the main WildGem window while the Help window is open, so you can still have them both open simultaneously.
Thanks, I didn't realize that, twinbee.

Still, in cases like this, I like to keep whatever help there is in a text file alongside the program, so I'm able to browse it without having to run it. That's what my suggestion stems from. :)

twinbee

#36 Post by twinbee »

Great, glad it worked for both of you and thanks for adding it to the site!

Let me know if you would like any help in building an expression, or any other aspect of the program's usage.

bitcoin

#37 Post by bitcoin »

twinbee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:17 pm Great, glad it worked for both of you and thanks for adding it to the site!

Let me know if you would like any help in building an expression, or any other aspect of the program's usage.
minor error on your changelog:
History:

2019-10-11: v1.60
2021-09-22: v1.50
2019-07-14: v1.32

twinbee

#38 Post by twinbee »

minor error on your changelog:
Thanks fixed.