Veracrypt - volume encryption (TrueCrypt Fork)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: Veracrypt - volume encryption (TrueCrypt Fork)

#31 Post by webfork »

Happy.Camper2 wrote:Maybe, 1.20 is buggy? Either the version is buggy or the developers need a vacation
There are some problems. I chatted with the dev who is underway with some tests to figure out what's wrong.
Happy.Camper2 wrote:Wishing you and everyone a safe and happy 4th of July :)
Many of our users are not US-based but I am so thanks :)

billon

#32 Post by billon »

goddamnit that happened again :evil:
why i'm so hurry :oops:

webfork

#33 Post by webfork »

billon wrote:goddamnit that happened again :evil:
why i'm so hurry :oops:
It is a little strange that the dev isn't properly vetting beta programs, but maybe this only affects a very small number of machines.

Anyway, we definitely appreciate you trying to keep on top of new versions and it sucks that the author isn't making that clear & easy.

giulia

#34 Post by giulia »

hi
what does it mean
No. Writes "LEGACY_VERACRYPT" driver settings to the registry.
it writes this
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\veracrypt
is the same ?

if i 'm right , truecrypt does Not write in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\

thanks

billon

#35 Post by billon »

@giulia:

Code: Select all

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_VERACRYPT

giulia

#36 Post by giulia »

hi
could be added create a folder with the name Languages and copy inside the language files ?

just because the portable version doesn't create this folder , and copy the language files inside the root folder doesn't work
thanks

giulia

#37 Post by giulia »

they are 2 version for w10 and 8 and another for w7 , portable vesion

JohnTHaller

#38 Post by JohnTHaller »

giulia wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:38 am they are 2 version for w10 and 8 and another for w7 , portable vesion
The PortableApps.com package includes both and automatically switches between them based on OS version.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

giulia

#39 Post by giulia »

JohnTHaller wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:06 pm
giulia wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:38 am they are 2 version for w10 and 8 and another for w7 , portable vesion
The PortableApps.com package includes both and automatically switches between them based on OS version.
hi
yes the portableapp release ,but not the veracrpt portable , they have 2 version legacy and new version

JohnTHaller

#40 Post by JohnTHaller »

giulia wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 pm
JohnTHaller wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:06 pm
hi
yes the portableapp release ,but not the veracrpt portable , they have 2 version legacy and new version
Right, I meant if you wanted an easier time moving it around. Since it's new to this update of VeraCrypt, I added it to the PAF package. Sorry I wasn't clear.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

webfork

#41 Post by webfork »

giulia wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 pm yes the portableapp release ,but not the veracrpt portable , they have 2 version legacy and new version
Thanks -- I got confused by the discussion in the entry comments (my fault) but I see now what you mean. I've updated the extract instructions to detail OS requirements.

giulia

#42 Post by giulia »

hi
in the homepage there is still 1.24!

Ennovy

#43 Post by Ennovy »

You can download the file from sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracr ... 5/Windows/

Also take a look at their forum: https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/dis ... bfd96db96/

giulia

#44 Post by giulia »

Ennovy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:37 am You can download the file from sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracr ... 5/Windows/

Also take a look at their forum: https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/dis ... bfd96db96/
hi
sadly 1.25 doesn't work under w7 -w8 and w8.1 , right?
thanks for the links

Andrew Lee

#45 Post by Andrew Lee »

I suspect if you are determined enough, you can bypass driver code signing and install the Veracrypt driver anyway, though it won't be a pleasant experience :D

I had to do it once at work when a device we use had an unsigned driver, and the manufacturer is no longer around. So we had to use the trick above to force the driver to install on Win10 (that, or allocate another machine to run Windows 8 and deal with other potential issues down that route).

Thankfully, we found a replacement for that device later on and didn't have to deal with this issue since.