Pazera audio-video tools

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Cornflower

Re: Free Audio Extractor V2.0

#31 Post by Cornflower »

Version 1.3 now available
Website: http://www.pazera-software.com/products ... extractor/
Download: http://www.pazera-software.com/download ... ractor.zip

Release date: April 4, 2009

ashghost

Re: Free Audio Extractor V2.0

#32 Post by ashghost »

This thread is for AoA Free Audio Extractor; your update would be better in this Pazera thread: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... f=4&t=3017

Not that it matters all that much, but it did confuse me for a minute :wink:

Onesimus Prime

Re: Free Video Downloader 1.3

#33 Post by Onesimus Prime »

Wow!

I was looking for a portable one, now that VDownloader isn't anymore, and stumbled across this one. It is now my new favorite portable YouTube downloader.

It supports YouTube's high-quality MP4's, can pull the name of the video from the page title (though that means it always, by default, starts with "YouTube - "), and can do its own video/audio conversion.

It's up to version 1.3 now, and no longer writes to the registry, according to the page. I didn't see the HKCU key that he (the developer) mentioned above, so I'll believe it.

It doesn't have built-in search like VDownloader, and the interface feels a little more awkward as there are more steps to downloading. And there's the auto-naming issue I mentioned. But for the "pro" reasons above, and the fact that it's actually still portable, I think I'll be using this software for a while!

Homepage: http://www.pazera-software.com/products ... ownloader/
Download: http://www.pazera-download.com/network_ ... loader.zip

SmackEwe

mplayer is free

#34 Post by SmackEwe »

jack wrote:Freeware application which convert Flash Video file...which can be viewed with any video player.
MPlayer can natively playback FLV. Why endure transcoding rigmarole?

ChemZ

Re: Pazera Free Audio Extractor 1.0

#35 Post by ChemZ »

Version is now 1.4 (if anyone is interested)

ChemZ

Pazera Free Audio Extractor 1.4

#36 Post by ChemZ »

Added! Check it out at Pazera Free Audio Extractor 1.4.

Pazera Free Audio Extractor is an absolutely free application that extracts audio tracks from video files without loss of sound quality or convert them to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG or WAV format.

The application supports all major video formats (AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MOV, RM, 3GP, WMV, VOB, MKV and others), moreover, allows the conversion of music files, so it can be used as a universal audio converter.

The most important features:
- Video conversion: AVI, DivX, XviD, MPEG, MPG, WMV, ASF, MOV, QT, FLV, SWF, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB, VCD DAT, OGM, AMV to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG FLAC or WAV.
- Audio conversion: WAV, MP3, AC3, AAC, M4A, MPC, MPA, MP2, WMA, FLAC, SHN, APE, OGG, WV, AMR to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis,OGG FLAC or WAV.
- The possibility of extraction/conversion any audio track from video files containing multiple audio tracks.
- Many predefined profiles. The users can create custom profiles.
- Don't need any installation. Just extract ZIP archive and click AudioExtractor.exe file.
- Portability. This program doesn't use system registry and can be run from portable devices. All settings are written to INI file.
- Supported languages: english, polish.
- 100% freeware! - for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, watermarks, adware, spyware etc.

Pazera Free Audio Extractor Homepage

webfork

#37 Post by webfork »

ChemZ wrote:without loss of sound quality
After recent problems with FLVtoMP3 (http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1585) its nice to have an alternative as well as more formats.

Can anyone confirm portability / stealth status?

guinness

#38 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

jack

Re: Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter 1.3

#39 Post by jack »

A new version was released today: 1.3

jack

Re: Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter 1.4

#40 Post by jack »

A new version was released today: 1.4

jrgermann

#41 Post by jrgermann »

you cannot download a zip file. If you follow the links correctly, you must download cnet2_Pazera_Free_Audio_Extractor_zip.exe. When you "run" this file, you are sent back to cnet's download.com. As you proceed, you are asked to allow Incredimail to be installed. You have to uncheck this option. but when you click "next step" the .zip file is downloaded automatically to your "../mydocuments/downloads folder - NOT the folder from which you ran the .exe file.

This is very objectionable and unlike what I am used to at portablefreeware.com.

I assume something has changed since this software was posted. According to my date stamps, I downloaded the .zip file on June 3, 2011. Interestingly, the current date on this product is 23 August 2100 and includes a "new" icon. Wonder why this would be?

I am making this comment because I was writing instructions for downloading for a friend of mind and I certainly would not want my friend to have to go thru the hoops now required.

I hope that someone will alter the instructions within the description of this product to reflect what to expect. Better still, figure how to get the .zip file directly without other software being pushed on the downloader.

joby_toss

#42 Post by joby_toss »

1. This is the wrong thread!

2. Not hard to overcome your issue:

3. Watch your tone! This is not TPFC's fault! Pazera is protecting his links and CNet (now) has a bullshit marketing approach!

webfork

#43 Post by webfork »

jrgermann wrote:you cannot download a zip file. If you follow the links correctly, you must download cnet2_Pazera_Free_Audio_Extractor_zip.exe. When you "run" this file, you are sent back to cnet's download.com.
Due to bundled adware, we have been trying to stop any download.com links or redirection. If you see something from download.com (or likely anything with their parent company CNET in the name) I would avoid it. The company has badly hurt its position with the software community and I hope everyone likewise drops them.

That said, it I tested the zip download from the site (not the one provided) and it didn't give me an EXE. The ZIP file seemed to work according to the original poster's description. No download.com garbage.
joby_toss wrote:This is not TPFC's fault
Thanks for getting our back, but I didn't get the sense that jrgermann was accusing us of anything.

Edit: I'm going to zap the direct ZIP link to avoid further confusion.

Edit2: The ZIP link that was working for me was the forum link, but I went back and changed the main entry as well to remove the direct download link. A disclaimer has been added there as well.

joby_toss

#44 Post by joby_toss »

Well, this
This is very objectionable and unlike what I am used to at portablefreeware.com.
sounded like an accusation to me.

Sorry if it wasn't!

webfork

#45 Post by webfork »

From the main entry:
Please alter the instructions within the description of this product to reflect what to expect.
jrgermann: please keep in mind that this is a volunteer edited website with almost 2000 entries. We can't hope to monitor every entry and rely on folks like you to help us keep things on track.

I've altered the instructions to help avoid the download.com redirect. Please let us know if that works for you.