Lintalist: Searchable interactive texts to copy & paste

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
afh

Re: Lintalist: Searchable interactive texts to copy & paste

#31 Post by afh »

Could you explain why this sequence doesn't work?

Code: Select all

[[Split=selected|\t]]
[[SplitRepeat=[[sp=1]]|\s]]
result=[[sp=1]]
The input can be text, another plugin, or the reserved keywords: selected and clipboard. [[sp]] is not a plugin?

Thanks.

lintalist

#32 Post by lintalist »

Edit2: this has been added to v1.7

Thanks for your question. I think I understand what you try to do but let me explain what happens and why it doesn't work.

Suppose you have this number space letter tab number etc as selected text:

1 a	2 b	3 c
and you use your snippet the result is

result=1 aresult=1 a
what happens here is that all [[sp=1]] are processed so after it processes the first plugin the snippet looks like this

[[Split=selected|\t]]
[[SplitRepeat=1 a|\s]]
result=1 a
so basically feeding a SP into another Split and have it produce another SP again is impossible at this moment.
SP it self is indeed not a plugin but holds the temporary output of the Split plugin which is then inserted into the snippet.

I will give this some thought, perhaps I can think of something to make it possible.

Edit: I've opened an issue at GH here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/48
Last edited by lintalist on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

lintalist

#33 Post by lintalist »

Just a heads up, a new beta is available, v1.7:
  • New: SearchLetterVariations setting - Allow for variations of letters in search query - 'e' also searches for 'eéèë...' etc
  • New: SnippetEditor Setting - Allow user to set editor to use for "Edit in Editor"
  • New: PlaySound Setting - Play sounds after paste, open or close of Search Gui (beeps, default Windows media or user files)
  • New: added help menu with 'Help' and 'About' options to the GUIs and added 'About' to tray menu
  • Minor fixes and code refactoring.
I'd be interested to hear any feedback on the search results if you use this version, especially if they are unexpected or different from previous versions.
Adding SearchLetterVariations meant I had to change some underlying code for the various search methods which now makes more of use Regular Expressions which could mean results are different or displaying the results of a fuzzy search has become slower.
(For the PlaySound option: there are no sound files included, just look at sound.ini in the lintalist folder for instructions where to place them.)

Download the ZIP and unpack it to a folder of your choice:
https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/archive/dev.zip

Feedback welcome: https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/49 or here of course.

lintalist

#34 Post by lintalist »

v1.7 is now available. You can use the tray menu, check for updates, to upgrade, or download it manually via https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases
  • New: SearchLetterVariations setting - Allow for variations of letters in search query - 'e' also searches for 'eéèë...' etc
  • New: SnippetEditor Setting - Allow user to set editor to use for "Edit in Editor".
  • New: PlaySound Setting - Play sounds after paste, open or close of Search Gui (beeps, default Windows media or user files).
  • New: Added help menu with 'Help' and 'About' options to the GUIs and added 'About' to tray menu.
  • New: Split plugin now accepts "named Split" [[split_name]].
  • Fix: Tray menu: manage bundles and manage local variables weren't working.
  • Fix: Always resolve Vars in nested situations.
  • Various other minor fixes, code refactoring and documentation.
Upgrading:
  • If you are upgrading to this new release, you can use the tray menu option "Check for updates" and have it done automatically.
  • If you prefer to do it manually, please use the following procedure:
    • close your running copy of Lintalist first
    • unpack the zip file and overwrite all files. Note: any (changed) bundles and settings will not be overwritten

A quick note about the "named splits" - just in case you're wondering how useful the [[split]] plugin is, here is a short example how you can use it to create a Snippet with "logic".
You can use Choice (or another Plugin) to select an item and use that output to update other parts of the snippet.
[[Split_C1=[[choice=1 Option1|2 Option2|3 Option3|4 Option4]]|\t]]
[[Split_CSub=sub1 sub2 sub3 sub4|\s]]

You made Choice Number [[SP_C1=1]]
And the sub-selection that goes with it is:
[[SP_CSub=[[SP_C1=1]]]]
This will ask you to make a Choice from Option1..4, and if you pick Option3 it will use "3" as a selection criteria for another Split.
So if the above snippet would have the following output (if you select Option3):
You made Choice Number 3
And the sub-selection that goes with it is:
sub3
Another example can be found here http://lintalist.github.io/#combiningsplit

lintalist

#35 Post by lintalist »

A new beta is available (v1.8) - apart from some bug fixes and minor changes, the new features are:
  • New Command line parameter -Ini: load specific settings file (ini)
  • Calendar and DateTime plugins now accept Locale Identifiers (LCID) parameter
  • Multi-caret implemented for certain text editors, see docs/MultiCaret.md
If you paste a snippet into an editor which supports Multi-caret/edit you can now use those in Lintalist snippets by placing multiple caret locations in your snippet. Supported editors: Atom, Brackets, EverEdit, Sublime Text, TextAdept, UltraEdit 23+ but if you know of other editors that could be added let me know. Details in docs/MultiCaret.md after unpacking the zip download. The Editor needs to have a keyboard shortcut for "select word" AND "select next occurrence". If you can only use the mouse to do this, you won't be able to use this with feature of Lintalist snippets (Notepad++ and RJ TextEd for example won't work as you need to use the mouse)

Suggestions and feedback welcome...

More complete Changelog and Download:
https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/63

Sneak preview multi-caret/edit:

Midas

#36 Post by Midas »

Cool. 8)

lintalist

#37 Post by lintalist »

(I also updated the database entry, if it is against TPFC etiquette do update your own program listing(s) do let me know)

v1.8 is now available. You can use the tray menu, check for updates, to upgrade, or download it manually via https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases
  • New: Command line parameters -Ini: load specific settings file (ini)
  • New: Multi-caret implemented for certain text editors (see DOC)
  • New: Random plugin, return random value or entry from a list (also added to Choice)
  • New: Calendar and DateTime now accept Locale Identifiers (LCID) parameter
  • Change: Snippet, Bundle, Counter and Local variable editors are now all visible
    on the taskbar as a child window of a disabled Lintalist Search GUI (if present)
    this makes it easer to switch from/to the appropriate editor using alt-tab and mouse
  • Added: Choice plugin GUI now has "Endless scrolling in a listbox" similar to
    Search GUI listview + Added a Random option
  • Fix: Cancelling a snippet with Choice plugin no longer makes Shorthand stop working
  • Fix: After using quick search with one result e.g. automatic pasting of the only
    snippet, pressing space or tab executed the snippet again. Cleared the typing history
    after each paste fixed it.
  • Fix: Pause shortcut could cause error, added #IfWinNotActive ahk_group
Upgrading:
  • If you are upgrading to this new release, you can use the tray menu option "Check for updates" and have it done automatically.
    • unpack the zip file and overwrite all files. Note: any (changed) bundles and settings will not be overwritten

SYSTEM

#38 Post by SYSTEM »

lintalist wrote:(I also updated the database entry, if it is against TPFC etiquette do update your own program listing(s) do let me know)
No, it's definitely not against our etiquette. In fact, we appreciate it. :) Updating your own entry saves us the effort, and the entry gets updated faster this way.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

lintalist

#40 Post by lintalist »

Minor update to v1.8.1
  • Added Random plugin to Editor menu(s)
  • Added: Komodo Edit 10+ Configuration to MultiCaret.ini
As usual more info and download via https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases

lintalist

#41 Post by lintalist »

v1.9 is now available
  • New: Choice plugin - Added option to provide "information/question" hint by starting first item with a question mark
  • New: Introduce "Not Titlematch" for bundles by using an exclamation mark
  • Fix: Choice plugin - Multiple Choices working again
  • Fix: Random plugin - Count correct number of RandomItems
  • Fix: Lintalist - Added "Select and press enter" Choice gui to BundleHotkeys group
  • Added: Visual Studio Code (code.exe) Configuration to MultiCaret.ini
Upgrading:
Source & Releases here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/

and as always feedback welcome!

smaragdus

Re: Lintalist 1.9

#42 Post by smaragdus »

I was about to ask you several times- why don't you embed the program icon (the white L in black square) in lintalist.exe which shows AutoHotkey icon? If you do it would look better and the user would not need to change shortcut icon manually.

lintalist

#43 Post by lintalist »

Thanks for your question.

As you may have seen already Lintalist isn't a compiled script.

Lintalist.exe is just a renamed autohotkey.exe so people can use it without the need to install AutoHotkey.

You're correct that if a manual shortcut to lintalist.exe is made it has the AHK icon. Personally I don't like to mess with the autohotkey.exe - It can probably be done using resource hacker or something but I haven't tried it and not that interested to figure it out (it might be very easy, I don't know). It would also have to be redone for each update to autohotkey.exe.
I would probably prefer to add a separate option to create a shortcut (lnk) and set the correct icon, the code for that is mostly present already (for desktop, startup) see below. I might add that, I've created an issue at GH here #69

Related: If the program creates the shortcuts on the desktop when you run the program for the first time I do set the icon to be the Lintalist icon which works on Windows (XP if I remember correctly) 7 and 8 (I don't have 10) - The code is here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... ts.ahk#L55
When the Lintalist GUI is active and you would alt-tab the Lintalist icon is there as well on the taskbar and alt-tab window.

smaragdus

Re: Lintalist - icon

#44 Post by smaragdus »

@lintalist
Thank you for your immediate and detailed response and for the Resource Hacker tip- it was extremely easy to replace the icon- just a few clicks were needed, please see the images below:

Replace Icon ...:

Open file with new icon:

Save as:

New EXE with embedded Lintalist icon:

If you choose to use this procedure you will need less than a minute. What do you think? In my opinion lintalist.exe looks better with its own icon embedded. Of course this is cosmetics but thus Lintalist becomes more distinctive.

Resource Hacker is a great tool by the way.

lintalist

#45 Post by lintalist »

v1.9.1

Minor bug fix
  • Fix: At very first startup SetDesktop and SetStartup default settings wouldn't be properly be stored for them to be usuable with Func_IniSettingsEditor()
More info & downloads at https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases