Lintalist: Searchable interactive texts to copy & paste

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lintalist

Lintalist: Searchable interactive texts to copy & paste

#1 Post by lintalist »

Edit: program description further below in thread here http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 694#p72694
----
tproli wrote:I'm thinking on switching to Texter from Breevy but I have so much snippets to migrate.
Hi, I just found this tread after searching for Texter like apps and noticed your comment - you migt try Lintalist as it has a Texter bundle convertor - it might look a bit daunting at first but think of it as Texter with a few extras (context sensitive snippets and search for snippets) http://lintalist.github.io/ - perhaps I should record a video to show how it works but haven't gotten around to it yet - if you are an AutoHotkey user you're welcome to post feedback on the AHK forum

1. Type query (multiple search modes)
  2. Menu + search options.
  3. Result list with Part 1, Part 2, Key(board shortcut), Short(hand, abbreviation). Columns are dynamic, if part 2, key or short are not present in the loaded bundle(s) they will not be displayed.
  4. Preview of top most or selected snippet text. In statusbar: loaded bundle(s) and hits / number of snippets.
You don't have to use the Gui as you can setup shortcuts and hotstrings as well.
Last edited by lintalist on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

tproli

Re: Auctus (formerely Expansionist) - text expand/replace

#2 Post by tproli »

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Lintalist and when I select "Edit local bundle" I got an AHK(?) error message saying "Failed attempt to launch program or document", "Action: include\localbundleeditor.ahk". Using WinXP atm.

I was able to add a shorthand manually and it worked fine, hoping the above is only a minor issue (or only I did something incorrectly).

In the meantime I'm trying FastKeys and it seems to be a better Breevy replacement (now that I got a free license for doing the Hungarian translation :)). Anyway, it is a good thing seeing other alternatives.

lintalist

#3 Post by lintalist »

tproli wrote:Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Lintalist and when I select "Edit local bundle" I got an AHK(?) error message saying "Failed attempt to launch program or document", "Action: include\localbundleeditor.ahk".
Many thanks for reporting it, indeed when I tested it on a clean machine (no AutoHotkey installed) it gave that error. Fixed it now in release v1.0.1 - to update (if you want) just exit Lintalist if you have it running, download the zip again and unpack in the same folder and overwrite all files - it won't touch your settings or existing bundles. The local bundle is for local variables such as your name or address which you can then use in multiple other bundles.

Indeed, the more options the merrier as each will offer a slightly different solution which may suit someone better.

tproli

#4 Post by tproli »

Thanks, much better now :)

I don't have too much time to play around with it nowadays but I will come back to it when possible.

I think with some simple additions the application could be made more user friendly, e.g.
- adding a menu item to the main window to the systray icon's context menu - I was able to find it out only by looking into the online manual (capslock key)
- putting F4 - F10 keys to a button row, they are very hidden in a submenu (which doesn't really look like a submenu btw)
- adding exe file icon (like on the systray)

Otoh it looks handy and it would surely fit to the TPFC database.

lintalist

Lintalist: Searchable interactive texts to copy & paste text

#5 Post by lintalist »

[Moderator note: this entry was generated after the above posts and have since been merged at the request of the author.]

---

Lintalist: Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text, run scripts, using easily exchangeable bundles

Source (AutoHotkey): https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist

Introduction

Lintalist allows you to store and (incrementally) search and edit texts in bundles and paste a selected text in your active program. The text can be interactive, for example, you can automatically insert the current time and date, ask for (basic) user input or make a selection from a list etc. and finally it can also run a script. You can use keyboard shortcuts or abbreviations to paste the text (or run the script) without opening the search window (see screenshot below). Bundles can be context sensitive and multiple bundles can be used at the same time (if they match the criteria).

Background: this is a script/program I've developed and used for a long time. It was inspired by the Textmate Bundle/Snippet concept which a few years back was hardly available in a Windows text editor. Lintalist has the advantage it should work in any program (as long as it allows AutoHotkey to paste text) - not just your editor.

v1.1 introduces formatted text support - Snippets can now have HTML or Markdown markup which will be pasted as formatted text, or you can read a RTF or Image file which will be pasted into your current application.

Features:
  • A novel feature is the ability to use two parts of text depending
  • Assign keyboard shortcuts to your favourite Snippets
  • Use abbreviations (shorthand) for your favourite Snippets
  • Run scripts which can be included in a Bundle
  • Standard Plugins:
    • Caret position after pasting
    • Insert date & time (incl. math operations)
    • Pick date from a Calendar
    • Choose item from a list
    • Use counters
    • Use selected text
    • Use the clipboard
    • Insert text from a file
    • Chain snippets (insert the contents of one snippet into another snippet)
    • Insert a character
    • Use local variables
  • Read more in the documentation...
Screenshot

1. Type query (multiple search modes)
2. Menu + search options.
3. Result list with Part 1, Part 2, Key(board shortcut), Short(hand, abbreviation). Columns are dynamic, if part 2, key or short are not present in the loaded bundle(s) they will not be displayed.
4. Preview of top most or selected snippet text. In statusbar: loaded bundle(s) and hits / number of snippets.

Videos (not the best of quality, YT reduces the quality I'm afraid after uploading - Edit: uploaded white background videos)

Notes:

Some example bundles are available here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist-bundles/ simply copy these to the Bundles\ folder and restart Lintalist - right click tray menu.

The release (see GH) contains lintalist.exe - it is simply a renamed autohotkey.exe included for convenience.
In order for Lintalist to run scripts it needs a copy of AutoHotkey v1.1, Lintalist is not meant to be compiled.
Last edited by lintalist on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

webfork

Re: Lintalist: Searchable interactive texts to copy & paste

#6 Post by webfork »

I feel like this is a program that really needs a video intro.

lintalist

#7 Post by lintalist »

OK thanks, I'll see what I can do - never made a recording before so might be a while to come up with something useful. I'll post in this thread if I have one.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

lintalist wrote:OK thanks, I'll see what I can do - never made a recording before so might be a while to come up with something useful. I'll post in this thread if I have one.
I've had a lot of luck with Camtasia (non-free) but you can do something easily with ShareX's video recorder, sans editing.

lintalist

#9 Post by lintalist »

Just published a new release - see changelog https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases - I've also managed to prepare some videos - added to first post as well - they are not the best of quality as Youtube seems to reduce the quality after uploading the video. (Recorded with ShareX, (lossless quality))
Edit: uploaded white background videos - looks a bit better

lintalist

#10 Post by lintalist »

Update: Lintalist v1.3.1 - https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases
  • New: Configuration setting "AutoExecuteOne" if only one result is left during the search AutoExecute (no need to press enter)
  • New: Right menu Check for updates and install update if possible

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

lintalist wrote:I've also managed to prepare some videos - added to first post as well - they are not the best of quality as Youtube seems to reduce the quality after uploading the video. (Recorded with ShareX, (lossless quality))
Yeah Youtube insists on re-compressing, but I think it did the trick: the benefits were obvious and it's definitely going to turn people on to your program.

I am Baas

#12 Post by I am Baas »

@mod

Please move to submission... Thanks

webfork

#13 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:@mod
Pushed to submission thread

lintalist

#14 Post by lintalist »

Thanks! I've submitted the application to the TPFC database here http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2686 so people can vote & comment for it. I hope I entered all data correctly.

lintalist

#15 Post by lintalist »

(Note: I'll update the database entry as well)

You can use the tray menu, check for updates, to upgrade, or download it manually via https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases

Changelog v1.4
  • New: Extended Clipboard & Selected plugins (upper, lower, sentence, title, wrap*)
  • New: Calc plugin - Evaluate arithmetic expressions (using Laszlo's Eval/Monster)
  • New: Plugins & Tools menu in Bundle Editor including dynamic submenus for clipboard,
    selected, counter & local variables plugins
  • New: Setting for Single click in listview to act as double click
  • New: Command line parameters -Bundle: load specific bundle and lock
  • Fix: Minor bug which would allow last snippet to be pasted again if enter was given
    on an empty results list
  • Fix: Up & Down arrow navigation should now work in the Bundle menu (Search GUI)
    this includes sending additional hidden keystrokes to the search control, do
    report errors if you experience any.
  • Fix: Error on Gui, Show in lintalist.ahk for AHK v1.1.20+
The wrap is a nice option, example this

Code: Select all

<ul>
[[selected=wrap|<li>|</li>]]
</ul>
turns this selected text:
line1
line2
line3
into: