ChrisPC DNS Switch

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

ChrisPC DNS Switch

#1 Post by Midas »

ChrisPC DNS Switch is a newcomer, but already natively portable: upon testing this basic DNS setting GUI, nothing was found in the registry, and it comes with an extensive database of open DNS servers. There's an advertising banner near the bottom for other ChrisPC products and the disk cost is about 1 MB. Not much else to say, apart that it can be (Uni)extracted and everything will be neatly found in the {app} folder -- 'ChrisPCDNS.exe' is the DNS configuration program, while 'ChrisPCDNSAgent.exe' is the tray resident counterpart...

guinness

Re: ChrisPC DNS Switch

#2 Post by guinness »

The design is clear, but haven't tested whether or not it's Portable. Did you? If you didn't please specify that you didn't test. Thanks.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

Midas wrote:upon testing this basic DNS setting GUI, nothing was found in the registry
guinness wrote:haven't tested whether or not it's Portable. Did you? If you didn't please specify that you didn't test.
  • Affirmative -- with PRIMO (Regshot) on Windows XP Pro SP3. Would appreciate some independent confirmation, though... 8)

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Ah, my apologies, I missed that part. I honestly have tested an application in 5 months. I need to get my testing rig back up again.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Midas wrote:Not much else to say, apart that it
... requires admin rights :wink: