ShareX - screenshot, screen recorder, uploader, etc.

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Specular
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Re: ShareX

#76 Post by Specular » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks for the app Jaex, use it all the time and has actually replaced my use of a commercial screen capture app. Have bumped into you in the IRC, too :)

User avatar
Wolfghost
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am
Location: Norway

Re: ShareX

#77 Post by Wolfghost » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 am

Is it someone has figure out how to use region screen capture with scrolling down the side, default just go over taskbar with arrow keys !?

Specular
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Re: ShareX

#78 Post by Specular » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:50 pm

So I've been using ShareX for several months, and just upgraded to the latest version thinking it might fix some longstanding issues. Apparently not :|

1. Clicking 'Open in image editor' (Greenshot) always fails to save the image anywhere - how is it meant to work? Clicking 'Save and close' doesn't save anywhere. I would expect that button to at least return to the previous post-capture dialog with the edited image ready for further actions.

2. The clipboard URL scheme (eg: [img]$url[/img]) doesn't copy when the 'Copy URL' button is selected after an image has been uploaded. It's set in Task Settings>Advanced>ClipboadContentFormat and also in Application Settings>Upload>Clipboard Formats yet it never copies to the clipboard, only ever the unformatted link.

3. Clicking 'Perform actions' in the post-capture dialog doesn't launch the app I've set it to in Task Settings>Actions. Nothing happens, not even the default Paint launches.
Attachments
ScreenX Copy Link button.png

User avatar
Jaex
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: ShareX

#79 Post by Jaex » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Specular wrote:So I've been using ShareX for several months, and just upgraded to the latest version thinking it might fix some longstanding issues. Apparently not :|

1. Clicking 'Open in image editor' (Greenshot) always fails to save the image anywhere - how is it meant to work? Clicking 'Save and close' doesn't save anywhere. I would expect that button to at least return to the previous post-capture window with the edited image ready for further actions.

2. The clipboard URL scheme (eg: Image) doesn't copy when the 'Copy URL' button is selected after an image has been uploaded. It's set in Task Settings>Advanced>ClipboadContentFormat and also in Application Settings>Upload>Clipboard Formats yet it never copies to the clipboard, only ever the unformatted link.
"Open in image editor" always saves changes to image file for us:

Image

I added ClipboardContentFormat setting for this task:

Image

And it copies correctly like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14076298/ShareX/2014/12/ShareX.vshost_8v9ODcc2pe.png[/img]
Image

So we can't reproduce your issues.

Specular
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Re: ShareX

#80 Post by Specular » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Jaex wrote:"Open in image editor" always saves changes to image file for us:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... PmNxIB.png
Thanks for the reply :) Where does it save the images? I've searched the system for screenshots and nothing appears.
Jaex wrote:I added ClipboardContentFormat setting for this task:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... A3bP8w.png

And it copies correctly like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14076298/ShareX/2014/12/ShareX.vshost_8v9ODcc2pe.png[/img]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... Dcc2pe.png

So we can't reproduce your issues.
Are you using the portable version? I've been using ShareX portable since v8.5 and still have these three issues :(

User avatar
Jaex
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: ShareX

#81 Post by Jaex » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:20 pm

Specular wrote:
Jaex wrote:"Open in image editor" always saves changes to image file for us:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... PmNxIB.png
Thanks for the reply :) Where does it save the images? I've searched the system for screenshots and nothing appears.
Jaex wrote:I added ClipboardContentFormat setting for this task:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... A3bP8w.png

And it copies correctly like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14076298/ShareX/2014/12/ShareX.vshost_8v9ODcc2pe.png[/img]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... Dcc2pe.png

So we can't reproduce your issues.
Are you using the portable version? I've been using ShareX portable since v8.5 and still have these three issues :(
I'm not using portable version it is not installer version too but all of them same, no difference.

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: ShareX

#82 Post by webfork » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Specular wrote:Where does it save the images? I've searched the system for screenshots and nothing appears.
If your ShareX copy is in X:\Portable\ShareX then the screenshots will be in X:\Portable\ShareX\ShareX\Screenshots\2014-12 (the top-most directory depending on year and month, so two months after this post it would be 2015-02)

Specular
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Re: ShareX

#83 Post by Specular » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:02 am

webfork wrote:
Specular wrote:Where does it save the images? I've searched the system for screenshots and nothing appears.
If your ShareX copy is in X:\Portable\ShareX then the screenshots will be in X:\Portable\ShareX\ShareX\Screenshots\2014-12 (the top-most directory depending on year and month, so two months after this post it would be 2015-02)
Yeah, that's the first directory I checked but no images ever save to it (it's also the one defined in the settings). No idea why my copy of ShareX has these issues that aren't reproducible :?

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: ShareX

#84 Post by giulia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:58 am

hi

how can i increase video quality and framerate?
thanks

User avatar
Jaex
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: ShareX

#85 Post by Jaex » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:04 am

giulia wrote:hi

how can i increase video quality and framerate?
thanks
FPS in Task settings -> Screen recorder
Quality in Task settings -> Screen recorder -> FFmpeg options -> x264

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: ShareX

#86 Post by giulia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Jaex wrote:
giulia wrote:hi

how can i increase video quality and framerate?
thanks
FPS in Task settings -> Screen recorder
Quality in Task settings -> Screen recorder -> FFmpeg options -> x264
thanks
i when i record i can not see the text clear

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: ShareX

#87 Post by webfork » Sun May 03, 2015 4:46 pm

giulia wrote:i when i record i can not see the text clear
Could you post a screenshot of settings and the recording? Are you playing the video full screen? My default settings show text detail JUST fine.

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: ShareX

#88 Post by giulia » Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 am

webfork wrote:
giulia wrote:i when i record i can not see the text clear
Could you post a screenshot of settings and the recording? Are you playing the video full screen? My default settings show text detail JUST fine.
hi
yes
Image

Image


thanks

User avatar
Jaex
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: ShareX

#89 Post by Jaex » Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 am

You need to decrease CRF for better quality.

User avatar
giulia
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 am

Re: ShareX

#90 Post by giulia » Wed May 06, 2015 10:16 am

Jaex wrote:You need to decrease CRF for better quality.
i tried 20 but again the text is not clear

Post Reply