Free Stopwatch

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

FreeStopwatch

#1 Post by joby_toss »

Free Stopwatch is flexible digital stopwatch software. This stopwatch measures time intervals in hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds. The timer counts in increments of 0.01 seconds.

You can run multiple instances of the free stopwatch on the same computer. Each stopwatch will operate fully and independently from other instances.

When the race is over, export results to a file that can be opened in Notepad or Microsoft Excel.
http://www.free-stopwatch.com/

As opposed to its brother, this one writes a slightly different empty registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComfortSoftware\FreeSW

guinness

Re: FreeStopwatch

#2 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable (Not Stealth)

So once again I didn't get the Registry Key in System Explorer & I even searched using NirSoft's RegScanner without any results. Without giving up I manually searched through the Registry locating the Key and to my surprise you were right (which I knew anyway :)) This poses the question why didn't RegScanner find it and System Explorer. Perhaps because it's an empty RegistryKey?

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

Can you do a test to see if this is the case? Create an empty registry key using a .reg file.
I think it should catch even the empty keys.

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Same problem with both applications. Well I learnt something today.

Userfriendly

Free Stopwatch

#5 Post by Userfriendly »

Stopwatch Software
A free, full-featured and fast stopwatch for Windows

Free Stopwatch is flexible digital stopwatch software. This stopwatch measures time intervals in hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds. The timer counts in increments of 0.01 seconds.

Just press a Start button to begin the count and press a Stop button at the finish line. You can also press a Lap button to monitor the times between laps. Free Stopwatch records an infinite number of laps.

You can run multiple instances of the free stopwatch on the same computer. Each stopwatch will operate fully and independently from other instances.

When the race is over, export results to a file that can be opened in Notepad or Microsoft Excel.

Everybody needs a stopwatch at some point. Laboratory experiments, time tracking of work, and sporting events like sprints are good examples.

Free Stopwatch is a totally self-contained application, meaning that you can put it on a flash drive and run it directly from there. In this way the settings will be stored in file Data.ini. Download: Free Stopwatch Portable.
Just extract it to any folder where you want to store it and run FreeStopwatch.exe in order to launch stopwatch.
Homepage: http://free-stopwatch.com/
Download: http://free-stopwatch.com/FreeStopwatchPortable.zip
Image Image

Free Stopwatch has a neat undocumented feature. Timer can continue counting even if you close program while its running. The next time you start the app, the timer will resume as if you never closed it. I guess it saves the timer state in the ini settings and then syncs up with the system clock.

tproli

Re: Free Stopwatch

#6 Post by tproli »

Userfriendly

#7 Post by Userfriendly »

Doh, well I didn't think of searching it as one word. I guess this thread can be deleted.

guinness

#8 Post by guinness »

Did you get the same results as the thread posted above?

Userfriendly

#9 Post by Userfriendly »

Yes, nothing changed with the program. Still creates empty registry keys.

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

Userfriendly wrote:Doh, well I didn't think of searching it as one word. I guess this thread can be deleted.
No problem -- we've all done it. In fact, I've started including single words, spaces, even misspellings in the keywords place of the entries to help find things easier.

I've merged the two threads.

smaragdus

#11 Post by smaragdus »

Free Stopwatch at version 4.0, ful change log at Softpedia:
http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/ ... 78481.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/ ... 84484.html
The most significant change is the full Unicode support.

Userfriendly

#12 Post by Userfriendly »