USB Disk Ejector

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Message
Author
User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#16 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 pm

What are the other alternates of USB Disk Ejector Please give the download links.

User avatar
guinness
Posts: 4118
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#17 Post by guinness » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:21 pm

ProEject? You can find it on TPFC.
Added 179 Applications: Portable

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#18 Post by I am Baas » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:54 pm

loin2kolpotoru wrote:What are the other alternates of USB Disk Ejector Please give the download links.
Dev Eject is the new kid on the block... see http://deveject.com/ for details. Not tested it yet but here's a review:
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... dev-eject/ and another one at http://www.instantfundas.com/2011/11/de ... annot.html
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
loin2kolpotoru
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 am

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#19 Post by loin2kolpotoru » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:36 am

I am Baas wrote:
loin2kolpotoru wrote:What are the other alternates of USB Disk Ejector Please give the download links.
Dev Eject is the new kid on the block... see http://deveject.com/ for details. Not tested it yet but here's a review:
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... dev-eject/ and another one at http://www.instantfundas.com/2011/11/de ... annot.html
It is not Freeware -
Its Help file says -
For evaluation, the license is granted, and is time-limited.

User avatar
guinness
Posts: 4118
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#20 Post by guinness » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:41 am

ProEject is OpenSource!
Added 179 Applications: Portable

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#21 Post by I am Baas » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:33 am

loin2kolpotoru wrote:
I am Baas wrote:
loin2kolpotoru wrote:What are the other alternates of USB Disk Ejector Please give the download links.
Dev Eject is the new kid on the block... see http://deveject.com/ for details. Not tested it yet but here's a review:
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... dev-eject/ and another one at http://www.instantfundas.com/2011/11/de ... annot.html
It is not Freeware -
Its Help file says -
For evaluation, the license is granted, and is time-limited.
Thanks for testing Dev Eject, loin2kolpotoru. I mentioned it because it is listed as freeware on many tech blogs and download sites... go figure.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... ject.shtml
Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
webfork
Posts: 9644
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: US, Texas
Contact:

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#22 Post by webfork » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Disclaimer: I wrote this before I saw that our entry's license had a link pointing to github. Still sort of annoying that the source was so hard to find.

---
guinness wrote:ProEject is OpenSource!
Yes and incidentally USB Disk Ejector claims to be but I can't find the source.
  • The site's "source" page doesn't contain the code.
  • The site's official USB Disk Ejector page says its somewhere else on the site
  • One of the posts about version 2 of the program points to a Google code address that does not work.
  • A broader Google search didn't help.
On the other hand if I just haven't looked hard enough, ProEject has another advantage:
  • Its GPL'd, while Disk Ejector's code has no license (that I can find).

User avatar
I am Baas
Posts: 4148
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#23 Post by I am Baas » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Bəəs 2.0

User avatar
guinness
Posts: 4118
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#24 Post by guinness » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:01 am

To be precise ProEject is GPLv3 ;)
Added 179 Applications: Portable

User avatar
Midas
Posts: 5631
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Sol3

Re: USB Disk Ejector

#25 Post by Midas » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:01 am

Topic update: USB Disk Ejector v1.3.0.6 released 2017-12-02 (changelog at quickandeasysoftware.net/readmes/USBDiskEjector.html).

USB Disk Ejector (UDE; http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1406) webpage moved to quickandeasysoftware.net/software/usb-disk-ejector.

BTW, Github source page is at https://github.com/bgbennyboy/USB-Disk-Ejector.

FYI, I made the present forum topic the official one for the UDE TPFC database entry (https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1406).

Post Reply