Fsum Frontend - hashing program

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: Fsum Frontend - hashing program

#16 Post by smaragdus »

@billon
Thank you for adding Fsum Frontend to the database, I wasn't aware of this utility and I find it to be quite useful.

Some observations:
-the UPX version uses slightly more memory.
-files and folders cannot be dragged directly to the program but Fsum Frontend has a drop basket- I see this feature in a check-sum tool for the first time.
-the program can be minimized to system tray, cool.
-the program preserves its window size and position after restart, nice.
-Fsum Frontend doesn't offer context menu so the generated hashes should be copied via "CTRL+C" one by one if the user doesn't want to save a report, for me this is not handy.
-"CTRL+A" doesn't work neither for the added files (they have to be removed one by one, there is no "Clear All" option), nor for the calculated hashes.
-the program offers short keys but they cannot be customized.
-check-sum files are generated very fast but a different location for these files cannot be specified- all check-sum files are created in the added folder.
-Fsum Frontend is a nice-looking, well-written piece of software, I am really sorry it has been abandoned since in my opinion it just needs a minor tweaking to become perfect.