Pocket Radio Player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Grisu

Re: Pocket Radio Player

#31 Post by Grisu »

It takes quite a while to get these things up. Thanks!

PRP moved to Win 10 with build #040915. A new encoder can now take care of your recordings. A Lithuanian translation is available as well. Have fun!

SYSTEM

#32 Post by SYSTEM »

Grisu wrote: PRP moved to Win 10 with build #040915. A new encoder can now take care of your recordings. A Lithuanian translation is available as well. Have fun!
Thank you. Entry updated. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

smaragdus

#33 Post by smaragdus »

! Win 10 is now the main development platform.
What does that mean?
I would appreciate extended settings for minimize/close- minimize to task-bar/minimize to tray plus close to tray, thus the users would be able to minimize Pocket Radio Player to task-bar and close it to tray (I can't remember how many times I closed Pocket Radio Player by mistake).

Grisu

#34 Post by Grisu »

Win 10:
It means that most of the time will be spend on optimizing the app for it. I currently have a Win 10 (upgraded from 8.1), 7 and XP machine for testing.

Minimize:
Originally "X" on a window would minimize the app to the tray. But a lot of users got confused by it. So I took it out, because it also conflicted with the "normal" window handling.

I might add an option so that you can choose: if PRP a) minimizes to the task bar or b) minimizes to the tray (as it is now).

smaragdus

#35 Post by smaragdus »

@Grisu
For me the best (and most flexible) behaviour would be to be able to minimize Pocket Radio Player to task-bar and close it to tray, but this is not of great importance, I suppose that with such an option it would be more convenient.

I do not know whether it is a bug but after I right-click on Pocket Radio Player's tray icon without choosing any command (Mute, About, Options, etc) and then right-click on it again, the tray menu appears on another place in desktop and one needs to click one or two times on a command to make Pocket Radio Player respond. For me second right-click on Pocket Radio Player's tray icon should just hide it again. This happens on Windows 8 x64.

Grisu

#36 Post by Grisu »

@smaragdus:
A "Close to tray" would mean that I'd have to add another button, so that users can properly exit the app (apart from ALT+F4 and such). So I don't think I'll go this route for now.
For the popup menu: It seems to be a windows issue. As soon as the submenu opens up, it doesn't respond / send events when you click outside the focus / window. As it's always created where the mouse-pointer is, it also changes position. Will ask around, if someone knows a workaround for this.

Spent the last weeks on improving the encoder part. As a result, users can grab the latest version here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/weqmk ... _win32.zip

Midas

#37 Post by Midas »

Grisu wrote:A "Close to tray" would mean that I'd have to add another button, so that users can properly exit the app (apart from ALT+F4 and such). So I don't think I'll go this route for now
  • When "Close to tray" is active, you could always present "Exit" as a tray icon right-click menu option, as many others do... :?

Grisu

#38 Post by Grisu »

Hi,

updated PRP to build #181015 (Crazy Ivan). Apart from encoder improvements it features an option called "X-Mode".

When enabled this changes the default behavior of the main window buttons:

"X" = Exits PRP
"_" = PRP runs as Trayicon

X-Mode
"X" = PRP runs as Trayicon
"_" = Minimises PRP window

Have fun!

SYSTEM

#39 Post by SYSTEM »

Grisu wrote:Hi,

updated PRP to build #181015 (Crazy Ivan). Apart from encoder improvements it features an option called "X-Mode".
Thank you. Entry updated. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

smaragdus

#40 Post by smaragdus »

@Grisu
Many many thanks for the so called X-Mode- this was what I missed in Pocket Radio Player, now its behaviour is the way I wanted it to be! ;)

However I found a bug:
- If I modify in 'prp.ini' this string- 'X-Mode =0' to 'X-Mode =1' everything works as expected- X minimizes to system tray.
- But if I start Pocket Radio Player with its default tray behaviour (X-Mode =0) and change it from PRP settings- check 'X-Mode (aka Ceazy Ivan)' and exit PRP, on exit PRP doesn't save this setting.

The strangest thing is that if I start PRP with X-Mode enabled and I disable it from settings menu, on exit PRP saves it right, but if I start PRP with X-Mode disabled and enable it from settings menu, on exit PRP doesn't save it.

In short- if the user checks 'X-Mode' in program's settings PRP doesn't save this setting on exit and the user needs to modify the INI file manually in order to use X-Mode.

I would also appreciate an option to disable multiple instances of Pocket Radio Player running simultaneously.

Best regards!

Grisu

#41 Post by Grisu »

@smaragdus:
Thanks for the report. It was an error on my and PRP only saves the ini-settings on exit and not everytime you change an option. Due to a workaround for the new mode, the proper function for that wasn't called. I put up a temporary hotfix for you here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b03xn ... hotfix.zip

Just replace your exe file with the new one and restart. It may take a minute as the database is reindexed. After that all should well again.

I let the user run multiple instances, so they can record as many stations as they want (and connection will allow). Will look into an extra option for this, but no promises.

smaragdus

#42 Post by smaragdus »

@Grisu
Thank you very much for the quick response and for the hot fix, I downloaded it but as I mentioned above manually editing the INI file does the job.
Regards and thanks for all your efforts to maintain PRP.

Grisu

#43 Post by Grisu »

Good morning!

I put up a second version of the hotfix. This one should solve the main issue with the trayicon popup menu. It works fine on Win10.
It would be great, if you could test it on as many Windows versions as possible and report back just to be sure.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b19lo ... otfix2.zip

Changes so far:
% reduced Balloon-Tooltips.
% Win32: Uses Fmod 4.44.58
- fixed: Trayicon menu should now close properly, if you click on the desktop or the right mouse button.
- fixed: X-Mode setting wasn't saved on exit.

Grisu

#44 Post by Grisu »

In preparation for the next PRP release, a new test build is up!

The final version should be done in a week's time.

@smaragdus: PRP will now only allow one instance (aka Highlander Mode). ;) - Can be disabled from the options window.

smaragdus

#45 Post by smaragdus »

@Grisu
I let the user run multiple instances, so they can record as many stations as they want (and connection will allow). Will look into an extra option for this, but no promises.
This didn't occur to me since I use PRP exclusively as a player, not as a recorder, now I see the logic behind multiple instances.
@smaragdus: PRP will now only allow one instance (aka Highlander Mode). ;) - Can be disabled from the options window.
For me more customization options are always welcome, thanks.

I tested 'prp_ivan_hotfix2'- it saves settings just fine, I spotted only a minor issue- on first run it didn't load the skin saved in the INI file (Cyan in my case), but after i chose it, PRP saved the skin settings. I tested it on Windows 8 (not 8.1) and I confirm it works fine. Thanks.

An observation on all PRP versions (not on the latest hot fix)- PRP exits slower than it starts.

Regards