Anti-Twin - duplicate finder that can match SIMILAR names

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ashghost

Anti-Twin - duplicate finder that can match SIMILAR names

#1 Post by ashghost »

Added Anti-Twin to the database:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2260

http://www.anti-twin.com/

I tried again to find a duplicate file detector that can help me get rid of some of my old installers, and I hit the jackpot this morning with a portable and free (for personal use) program. I only want to keep the latest installers or zip packages that I've downloaded, but those that include the version number in the name tend to build up. I'd only ever seen duplicate finders that support identical name matching (along with the standard date, size, hash, and byte-by-byte searches).

It's also got a pretty nice GUI.

webfork

Re: Anti-Twin - duplicate finder that can match SIMILAR names

#2 Post by webfork »

I formerly had a note in the anti-twin entry that it doesn't detect similar text files. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time but I had a need for a batch similar content checker so I retested this with two slightly different text files:

Seems to work fine. Wish I knew what went wrong with my first test, that would have been handy last year.

__philippe

#3 Post by __philippe »

Antitwin detailed review by Deanna McElveen in her 23AUG21 "AskWoody - Freeware Spotlight" column

Nicely illustrated piece including a profusion of informative screenshots.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

__philippe wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:26 am Nicely illustrated piece including a profusion of informative screenshots.
I don't know how many freeware overviews I've seen (and written) but I've seen very few that thorough and detailed. Very nice.