Popman - email checker and preview

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Darkbee

Popman - email checker and preview

#1 Post by Darkbee »

UPDATE: Popman v1.3 beta 12

A new beta version of Popman has recently been released. It now features:

Mark emails for deletion rather than deleting then straight away
Rules to allow you to mark/delete/move spam

Should this post be in the update forum? I couldn't post there because it is locked.

Kea

PopMan 1.3

#2 Post by Kea »

PopMan 1.3 (http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=577) is not beta anymore. The new version can be downloaded as an EXE and extracted with Universal Extractor, but there is also a ZIP archive that includes the empty INI-file for portability.

smaragdus

Re: PopMan 1.3.2

#3 Post by smaragdus »

After more than 8 years without updates PopMan version 1.3.2 was released on 2018-10-31, changes (forum announcement, full change log):
1.3.2 2018-10-31

(+) Proper Unicode support
(+) "Mark As Seen On Server" for setting the 'Seen' flag on IMAP4 mail server
(*) Display the HTML part of a message instead of the text part if available
(*) Improved HTML to text decoding
(*) Removed auto update feature
(-) Fixed received date parsing problem when date is split over multiple lines
(-) Fixed random crash when deleting many messages at once
As far as I can remember I use PopMan since I got my first computer. I was sure the program was abandoned for good so I once decided to use it as long as it worked. In fact all I missed in version 1.3.1 was Unicode support (I once even messaged the developer about that but he discouraged me that no new versions were planned). So today my surprise was great when I saw that a new version had been released after so many years and that it had come with Unicode support to boot! I updated from version 1.3.1 to version 1.3.2 and so far PopMan is working just fine and I have no complaints. The program uses almost the same amount of memory but it has increased significantly in size.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:22 pm After more than 8 years without updates PopMan version 1.3.2 was released
Great news. After updating so many entries over the years for projects I expect are abandoned, it's nice to see that at least one project was just dormant.

hamasaki

#5 Post by hamasaki »

webfork wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pmGreat news. After updating so many entries over the years for projects I expect are abandoned, it's nice to see that at least one project was just dormant.
Agree. Have been using this for years with no issues. It`s been fantastic software.