TeamViewer

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Mickey72

#16 Post by Mickey72 »

I created it with AutoIT (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php). Then compiled it with Aut2Exe (comes with AutoIT but it's not the default complier. You have to manually launch it from the AutoIT install folder) so I could use the TeamViewer Icon.

Code: Select all

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Launch_Teamviewer:
Portable TeamViewer Launcher: Allows you to remotely control PCs even through firewalls.
 AutoIt Version: 3.2.2.0
 Author:        Mickey72

Script Function:
	Clear portable session settings from previous session then launch TeamViewer.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Delete previous temp profile then temp registry.
DirRemove ("TeamViewer\File System\User", 1)
FileDelete("TeamViewer\Registry\TeamViewer_registry.reg")
; Launch JauntPE portable executable.
Run("TeamViewer\TeamViewer_portable.exe")

Jainendra

#17 Post by Jainendra »

Thanx Mickey ! :P

Jainendra

#18 Post by Jainendra »

Hi Micky,

I have come across a little difficulty with your script(surely due to my ignorance).Whenever I placed new executable inside the same dir it gives me error but the moment I place it outside it works fine.Plz help with this.

Thanks.... :P

Mickey72

#19 Post by Mickey72 »

What is the program (please provide the url)? What is in the folder? Please post your modified script.

Jainendra

#20 Post by Jainendra »

Hi Mickey,

I tried it with several pograms whom I made portable with JauntePE.For instance, I took TeamViewer and tried to make a launcher with a part of your script as I did not want to remove .reg file and user dir.Script is this

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Launch JauntPE portable executable.
Run("TeamViewer\TeamViewer_portable.exe")

Now the problem is whenever I place this executable outside the dir it sucesfully launches the program but the moment I place it in the same dir(which is what I exactly want) it shows error.Error basically point to the file missing which is exactly the destination file in Auto2Exe.I actually want my JauntePE portable apps to work like Portable Firefox type or in your TeamViewer type.

Thanx friend.

Jainendra

Mickey72

#21 Post by Mickey72 »

The way my script is setup I setup a folder called "Portable Teamviewer. Inside of this folder I placed Launch_Teamviewer.exe (or au3 if it's not compiled) and another folder called "TeamViewer". Inside TeamViewer I have the TeamViewer and jauntpe created files.

So as written the launcher is looking for a subfolder called "TeamViewer" and "TeamViewer_portable.exe" inside of it.

You can either change your run command to:
"Run("TeamViewer_portable.exe")

Or create a subfolder and move everything except the launcher into that.

I created the launcher because the same number was being assigned to any PC I ran the JauntPE version of TeamViewer on. Since they were both using the same registry entry they got the same number. So I couldn't connect the two PCs. By clearing the settings before launching I get a unique number for both PCs.

Jainendra

#22 Post by Jainendra »

Thanks Mickey.

But I am still getting same error.

For example, I unzipped Process Explorer on my desktop.Made portable.Put both dll in the same directory(now everything is in folder"Process Explorer" on desktop).Now made executable and run.Same error.
When I place this launcher outside the folder(on the desktop) it launches the app but the moment I put it inside the folder it gives me error that it could not find the destination fie(auto2exe second field).

Plz help.
Thanks once again.

Jainendra

andrex21

#23 Post by andrex21 »

the file has possibly expired.
does anyone still have a copy of the patch?

thanks!

guinness

Re: TeamViewer

#24 Post by guinness »

Its OFFICIAL PortableApps have released TeamViewer in their .paf format. http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ ... r_portable

As stated before you have to have a license to use the Portable Version, but I don't think you do anymore, why would they release a PortableApp to a community whos target audience is primarily home users. I have used the Portable version in the past for home use without any registry traces or logs being created. So the .paf format as I can see it should simply launch the application (like utorrent!)

At the moment TeamViewer is a Rejected App, I think this should be re-evaluated.

Note: have a look here http://portableapps.com/node/6713#comment-86304 this is from the developer of TeamViewer, they clearly state 'The usage is absolutely FREE if it is a non-commercial one.' the reason it was rejected because TeamViewer isn't OpenSource, but now they are including Freeware it's accepted.

guinness

#25 Post by guinness »

A new Beta version is available. Have a look here for an in depth look into the changes from V4 to V5!
ChangeLog
Audio (VoIP) / Video
Enhanced and Flexible Session Control
TeamViewer Manager 5
Additional New and Improved Functionalities
Download: V5.0.7312 - Look for 'For mobile use: TeamViewer Portable' and download '5.0.7312 beta.' Then extract to the "TeamViewer/App/teamviewer/"

guinness

#26 Post by guinness »

Should it be added, the Registry Keys aren't created anymore?

guinness

#27 Post by guinness »

Added To TPFC: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1703
Vote Now!

TESTED: Portable

joby_toss

#28 Post by joby_toss »

Hmm...on my win7x64 it is not stealth at all: creates empty "QS" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)" and empty reg key in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\Version5".

guinness

#29 Post by guinness »

I tested on WinXP SP3 and nothing like that was created! Did you download http://www.teamviewer.com/download/vers ... rtable.zip

Edit: Tested in Sandboxie I don't get the QS folder in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)% but I do get that empty Registry Key which isn't in XP SP3 32Bit. Does someone have Win 7 32Bit?

joby_toss

#30 Post by joby_toss »

Yeah, that's the one! It says version 5.0.7904.0 in the properties dialog.

My "TeamViewer.ini" file has the following contents:

Code: Select all

[Settings]
nosave=1
importsettings=0
writeconnectionlog=0
[License]
code=00-00000-000000-000000