Desktop Lite

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Fluffy

Desktop Lite

#1 Post by Fluffy »

This is a shell replacement for XP only, and requires no install - it doesn't even have settings to write in its current form. Unfortunately I don't have a portable storage medium so I cannot say whether this is portable or not, as I have no idea how well windows would handle loading a shell from such a device, as it's not a boot cd or anything of the sort. Someone interested in testing this?

Desktop Lite - http://www.nymtec.com/?q=desktoplite

(So far I don't see many bugs at all, until you kill the process and start it back up. Windows key toggles the UI, which makes a lot more sense when you've tried it.)

One thing to remember - the nature of shell replacements involve editing of system files, this cannot be avoided in order for the shell to function properly. Hence, the need to "install" and then re-login to windows is a necessity.

panting portable

Re: Desktop Lite

#2 Post by panting portable »

the link you give is now dead

Leif

#3 Post by Leif »

-.-

#4 Post by -.- »

i didn't liike it :S it messed up computer when it installed... luckily it uninstalled fine and returned things to normal

maybe it doesnt work on widescreen monitors, but i rather not go through that again :S