TEncoder - audio/video conversion [discontinued]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ozok

Re: TEncoder

#31 Post by ozok »

New version 4.1.1 changes:
-Added: A tool to add watermarks to video (thx to joby_toss)
-Added: A text to show video downloading progress
-Added: TEncoder will now check downloaded files too
-Added: A link to the list of supported video sites (thx to webfork)
-Added: TEncoder will save encoder logs into "logs" sub-folder (thx to webfork)
-Added: A few small interface changes
-Fixed: Stopping video downloader didn't reset progress informations
-Fixed: Update checker caused a message box to be shown when settings window was opened
-Fixed: Couldn't clear some logs
-Updated: Youtube-dl
-Updated: FFmpeg
I tried to implement you guys' requests. It seems I gave credit wrongly in the change log, I hope you don't mind webfork.
Regards.

SYSTEM

#32 Post by SYSTEM »

ozok wrote:New version 4.1.1 changes:
Thank you. Entry updated. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

ozok

#33 Post by ozok »

New version 4.2.0 is out. Changes:
-Added: Post-encode options for video downloader
-Added: Users can now stop video link adding process
-Added: A few changes to progress interface
-Fixed: Adding an YouTube link from a playlist could cause some problems
-Fixed: Download time value written to log was always empty
-Fixed: Post-encode options weren't used
-Fixed: TEncoder couldn't write logs because logs folder wasn't created in some rare cases
-Updated: Youtube-dl
-Updated: FFMpeg

SYSTEM

#34 Post by SYSTEM »

ozok wrote:New version 4.2.0 is out.
Thank you. I have updated the entry. :) (The update hit the update frequency filter and therefore didn't bring TEncoder to the main page.)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

ozok

#35 Post by ozok »

Thanks, @SYSTEM.

webfork

#36 Post by webfork »

ozok wrote:(Post-encode actions - add "put computer to sleep") > added to-do list.
Cool, thanks.
ozok wrote:
Ability to smoothly and losslessly pull audio out of video (but convert any .AAC files to .MP4)
-You can already get audio from video without encoding it. Set "Video Codec" to "None", "Audio Codec" to "Direct Copy" and encoder to "FFmpeg". But TAudioConverter may be the better (easier) tool for this. If you are getting error using this method please let me know.
Unfortunately, I did a few tests and nothing worked. Kept downloading the video.
ozok wrote:
Separate controls both for the video type (1080p, 640x480, WEBM, FLV, etc.) and settings for conversion of downloaded video
-Do you want to encode downloaded files with different options?
Well for example, there are some things that if you download at 1080p it's going to take forever and you really only need the mid to low quality version. The conversion options are of course assumed, but the download options are what I'm worried about.

ozok

#37 Post by ozok »

@webfork
Well, you can actually just audio (When I'm talking about video downloader, it's generally about youtube). For example, I've selected a random video and it has the following formats available:
I haven't came across a video that doesn't have audio (again youtube only guy here).
You can use this drop-down list to see available formats and select the one you want to download. It's better than downloading and converting after.
I've also noticed some problems with converting downloaded videos. You problem may be related to this issue.

Thanks all, I'm getting great feedback from the members of this forum.

Userfriendly

#38 Post by Userfriendly »

I'm getting the same problem as webfork. It's downloading the video and the conversion is just resulting into another video file. I have the video codec set to 'none' and audio to 'direct copy'. Expected result is to download video and then extract audio only.

Log:

Code: Select all

Download process1: 
 -o "D:\tencoder_64\Downloaded\%(uploader)s - %(title)s.%(ext)s" -i --no-playlist -f 18 -c -w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasIogAV-tY
 -y -threads 0 -i "D:\tencoder_64\\Downloaded\StyDReAmer - Mike Oldfield - Nuclear.mp4"  -acodec copy "D:\tencoder_64\StyDReAmer - Mike Oldfield - Nuclear.mp4"
From the log it seems like its missing the "-vn" cmd switch to tell ffmpeg to ignore encoding the video codec. It could be a GUI bug and the video downloader is not recognizing the video codec "none" option.

There's also a tiny problem downloading/playing the audio only files from youtube, the AAC m4a files uses a special DASH Format codec that doesn't seem to be playable on foobar2000 and other media players not using ffmpeg/lavfilters for decoding.

ozok

#39 Post by ozok »

@Userfriendly this is the problem I meant. I've fixed it in one of the last commits. I'll take look at m4a problem now.

Edit: I've fixed dash m4a problem by remuxing it with mp4box. I'll try to release a new version tonight.

Userfriendly

#40 Post by Userfriendly »

What I meant about the Youtube m4a audio only download was that it might not be a viable file for people to play on some media players. If there's a way to losslessly convert it to a common AAC non DASH codec, then it would seem like it would be the best method of obtaining the highest quality music from a youtube video while saving bandwidth and time. This is of course concerning webforks desire to grab just audio from youtube videos. Since the different video qualities also have different audio bitrate qualities, I just thought I would mention it.

So this probably something you can't workaround on your end, ozok. It's just another codec media players will have to support. I've found a way to make it play on foobar2000 but it requires a plugin and some tinkering. Other ways of playing it is installing LAVFilters, MPC-HC, VLC, or any other ffmpeg based player.

edit: well damn as soon as I post this you found a fix. I'm interested how you worked it out. DASH is just a m4a container property and the AAC is no different from the garden variety codec?

ozok

#41 Post by ozok »

AFAIK DASH is more or less a different container, specially designed for streaming. Stream in it is most likely just aac. I've simply used the followind command to fix it:

Code: Select all

mp4box.exe -add audio.m4a -new audio.m4a
File can now be played by foobar2000 and my android phone. I first tried ffmpeg to remux, but it didn't work.

Userfriendly

#42 Post by Userfriendly »

Well done Sir. You are good at what you do. keep up the good work!

webfork

#43 Post by webfork »

I've done a lot of testing but in order to avoid going in too many directions and making this hard to reply to, I'll hit a few points:
  1. This is awesome. I didn't know it was possible but the ability to download just the audio from is a big deal. I invariably listen to many gigs of of music at work and video sites won't just give the audio alone. I end up regularly pulling around 80 megs per file for something I really only care about 10% of (much less for HD concert stuff). If tools like this were made generally available, I have little doubt everyone's bandwidth bill would go down dramatically.
  2. I tested with the audio-only drop-down box you pointed to and it seems to work some of the time. So for example:
  3. The top one cuts off at "@48" and the one below it says "128". What is that? I'd recommend the "highest" and then whatever other available settings.
  4. I also didn't know there was a WebM audio-only format, but I VLC claims it's just Ogg Vorbis, which I'm very glad to have (note that iPod owners should stick with M4A). Can you just rename it to .OGG for simplicity?

Userfriendly

#44 Post by Userfriendly »

1. Most youtube downloaders I know has the option to download individual video and audio from youtube now. I personally use flashgot addon for firefox to download and foobar has a youtube plugin that can search/play youtube videos/audio directly within the player.

2. Works for me. Was able to download the audio file from both examples.

3. AUDIO@48 and @128 I think is supposedly the audio bitrate but mediainfo seems to report both as variable 128 kbps files anyway.'

4. Webm is just a container format similar/same as MKV. You can extract the .ogg within it by using the same encoding settings 'Video Codec -none', 'Audio Codec - direct copy' and 'Encoder - FFMPEG' in the video/audio converter tab. You can also use mkvtoolnix along with mkvcleaver or gMKVExtractGUI to extract the files within the container.

ozok

#45 Post by ozok »

Thanks Userfriendly. I'm working on extracting ogg audio from webm container now.

@webfork you cannot just rename it. It shouldn't be a problem if you are using a software player on a PC but I don't know if there are many hardware players that support webm (which is basically a stripped down mkv container). It must be extracted from webm.

Also, if you always download a certain type of audio or video from youtube, you can make TEncoder select this format as default. For example, you say you want to get audio only. Open settings, switch to "Video Downloader" tab. You'll see "Preferred format:" text area. Default value is someting like "MP4, 1080p etc". Change it to "M4A, AUDIO, ONLY, DASH". From now on, whenever you add a video link, TEncoder will select this format if it is available.