Pengupop - bubble game

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
bugmenot

Pengupop - bubble game

#1 Post by bugmenot »

somehow i didn't saw that one on the database :?

about:
Pengupop is an online multiplayer clone of Frozen-Bubble/Bust a Move. The purpose of the game is to shoot colored balls so they form groups and thus fall down. Any balls that fall down will reappear on your opponent's playfield as a side-effect.
preview:
Image Image

:!: Flash videos of selected matches

:arrow: Junoplay homepage

:arrow: Pengupop homepage

direct downloads:

Image Windows (1.9MB)

Image MacOS X/Universal (4.5MB)

Image Linux/i386 (1.6MB) (Requires SDL 1.2)

Image source code (1.2MB) (for developers)

note: i'm not sure about Linux version since darkbee's
reply at sTabLauncher about Microsoft .NET Framework
Applications which require the .Net framework to run are not accepted into the Portable Freeware database.

The .Net platform is:
1) Large
2) not guaranteed to be installed on all Windows computers.
HAVE FUN

more info at:
freshmeat.net: Project details for Pengupop
Pengupop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Darkbee

#2 Post by Darkbee »

Seems to store a setting in the registry in a key "config" with a string name of "bananas", hhhmm descriptive. Since I don't know what this is for I can't say for sure whether this will affect portability or not.

However, it's true that it doesn't require any installation, just download the Windows exe and run it. (note, no installation does not imply portability).

webfork

Re: Pengupop (cross platform)

#3 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

I went digging for this program and only found an old tucows link: http://www.tucows.com/preview/503318/Pengupop ... once again archive.org to the rescue: https://web.archive.org/web/20060715203 ... m/pengupop