Auspex - text replace and launcher

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lautrepay

Auspex - text replace and launcher

#1 Post by lautrepay »

Auspex will present the busy PC user with several enhanced input features:
Replacements, Completions, Corrections, Runs.
The software runs in the background monitoring keyboard input in any application that currently has focus. Upon certain trigger conditions, it will do things on your behalf to enhance your productivity.

Features
The software is capable of the following actions:

1. Replace some text with some other text when triggered to do so.
Some examples from the 100 or so I have by now:
rt<tab> expands to Regards,Tim
tt<tab> expands to Thanks,Tim
ug<tab> expands to Please download the upgrade from our website at http://www.etc.etc.com
A really sweet side-effect of this is of course auto-correction, for example cnotainer<space> becomes container
Auspex is able to understand and correct many different variations of the same word. A good example might be 'mischievous', which, let's face it, no-one can spell. As long as you get close, this software will do the rest (e.g. mischevus, mischeevious etc.)

2. Complete some partially entered text.
I am very pleased with this. In any application, if you find yourself typing the same word or phrase repeatedly, Auspex picks up on this and begins to present you with the suggestion as you type.
For example, by the 3rd time I have typed productToLoad it is appearing as a suggested word in a little popup just under my cursor as I begin to type prod.
Hit <tab> and the complete word (or phrase) is put in place. In addition, Auspex likes camel humps (Cranioscopical: add witticism here) so now I can type pTL and the software will still make the correct suggestion. This has improved my coding: longer more informative variable names and less typos.
I can see a lot of applications for this, not just for developers but technical authors, medical transcribers, or pretentious people like me who use long words and often type them erroneoulsy.

3. Fire up a link or program without leaving your current application.
To be honest, I only added this because it was so easy. Working on an email and need to quickly check your arithmetic? Type 'calc' and hit the trigger and Auspex will launch it for you.
In all cases, triggers and hot keys will be configurable so as not to clash with any existing applications you may be running.

Download the zip package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch Auspex.exe with the -inifile Settings parameter.

Requires Admin rights.

smaragdus

Re: Auspex

#2 Post by smaragdus »

Relative paths are supported, for example:

Code: Select all

Auspex.exe -inifile Settings
If started without ' -inifile' parameter Auspex saves data and settings to AppData:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Auspex
Auspex is most likely abandoned, download page here.