Pretty Database Explorer & Pretty Run

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lautrepay

Pretty Database Explorer & Pretty Run

#1 Post by lautrepay »

Pretty Database Explorer
Pretty Database Explorer (1.7.0.141)
Tired of using different tools for each database? Your sql queries are lost? You've found the right solution. Pretty Database Explorer can connect to various databases. It will remember your tabs, sql queries on each tab, columns on each tab,...

http://delphistep.cis.si/prettydbexplorer.htm
Download the installer and Uniextract. The files are in the {app} folder. Create a PrettyDbExplorer.ini file in the same folder as PrettyDbExplorer.exe with this content:

Code: Select all

[Options]

Portable=1
Reviewed by addictivetips

Pretty Run
Pretty Run (6.7.0.105)
Pretty run was started years ago when Windows knew nothing about searching through start menu. It helps you find shortcuts.

Many times we know we have some program somewhere in the start menu but just takes too much time to locate its icon and run it. Pretty Run helps you with that as it searches start menu, desktop or any other folder for the shortcuts or files that meet your query.

With Vista Windows got their own search box. But Pretty Run is now much more:
- Search Internet Explorer favorites
- Search Firefox bookmarks
- Search Chrome bookmarks
- Search printers and start printer properties
- Search Control panel items
- Setup internet search engines and you can search internet with selected engine
- Remember last items copied to clipboard and bring them back in case you need them
- Search mp3 files (not file names but tags)
- Run a group of programs with one click
- Setup your magic words and start favorite programs really quickly

http://delphistep.cis.si/prettyrun.htm
Download the installer and Uniextract. The files are in the {app} folder. Create a PrettyRun.ini file in the same folder as PrettyRun.exe with this content:

[Options]

Portable=1

lautrepay

Re: Pretty Database Explorer & Pretty Run

#2 Post by lautrepay »

Pretty Database Explorer: v1.7.0.148

Pretty Run: v6.7.0.105

lautrepay

#3 Post by lautrepay »

I added Pretty Run to the database. If you like it, you can vote here.

For fully taking advantage of Pretty Run's features, a careful reading of the help file is recommended.
For those who are looking for a tool for not to forget their usb drives, Pretty Run includes an alert for plugged usb devices at shutdown.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Could you explain this:
Note: When running from removable drives, the %PrettyRunDrive% environment variable automatically compensates the drive letter changes.
How does that work? I could probably figure it out myself, but for the average visitor, I think it would be helpful to give a bit more detail there, possibly pointing to a forum post if it ran a bit long.

lautrepay

#5 Post by lautrepay »

webfork wrote:Could you explain this:
Note: When running from removable drives, the %PrettyRunDrive% environment variable automatically compensates the drive letter changes.
How does that work? I could probably figure it out myself, but for the average visitor, I think it would be helpful to give a bit more detail there, possibly pointing to a forum post if it ran a bit long.
Sure. For example, if you've got in your pen drive two folders (APPS and DOCS) that you want Pretty Run to index, when you plug your drive in your PC and select that folders, you'll get absolute paths:

Folder1=G:\APPS
Folder2=G:\DOCS
But, if you plug your drive in another machine and another letter is assigned, e.g., E:\, things won't work.

So, you can edit PrettyFolders.ini and replace G:\ with %PrettyRunDrive%\.

Folder1=%PrettyRunDrive%\APPS
Folder2=%PrettyRunDrive%\DOCS
This way it doesn't matter the letter assigned to your removable storage on different machines.

Better still with relative paths. If the folder of Pretty Run is in the root of the drive:

Folder1=%PrettyRunDrive%\..\APPS
Folder2=%PrettyRunDrive%\..\DOCS
However, it's still possible to use common environment variables. For example, if you want to search in the Windows folder of the host machine, you can add:

Folder3=%SystemRoot%\
(Of course, it will depend on the privileges of the account you're using.)

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

lautrepay wrote:Sure. For example...
Excellent -- added to main entry.

bitcoin

#7 Post by bitcoin »

links broken on Pretty Run - https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2235

the website is still there but i couldnt find the program

softpedia has it here fwiw: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS ... -Run.shtml

Andrew Lee

#8 Post by Andrew Lee »

Looks like it's been abandoned.

I have updated the downloda link to the softpedia one.