Blumind Mind Mapping App

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
borlip

Blumind Mind Mapping App

#1 Post by borlip »

[Moderator note: this is the primary Blumind program thread. View database entry]

----

Nice Mind Mapping software that has a zipped portable version. Seems to run quick and lean. I have no idea if it writes anything to the registry. Blumind: http://blumind.org/

joby_toss

Re: Blumind Mind Mapping App

#2 Post by joby_toss »

It requires .Net, otherwise it's portable (saves settings to options.xml file in its own folder). It's simplistic and small.

P.S. I wonder if this will work on a system without .Net installed. Mscoree.dll is the only dependence the executable has. If we add this .dll (from a system that has .Net installed) in its folder, will it work? I cannot test this, as I don't have access to a .Net free system. :)

Emka

#3 Post by Emka »

Very nice find!

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Always looking for good mindmap programs so I tested it out today a bit. A very minimalistic program that does more than FreeMind, but less than XMind. The file size doesn't hurt: its only 2.4 megs and its fast and simple.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to export to other mindmap formats; although you can open standard .MM documents, you can only save to Blumind's format.

License: Freeware

Emka

#5 Post by Emka »

I like it and I added it (http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2217), even though it is a .NET app.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't appear to export to other mindmap formats; although you can open standard .MM documents, you can only save to Blumind's format.
Retested this program -- will now export to FreeMind, which it seems to have become the standard for mindmap programs.

Its definitely come a little further since last I tested it. The various different layouts, the nice themes, snappy interface, and simplicity are all still very attractive. This doesn't have near the smooth, slick look and variety of features of XMind, its dramatically smaller (1.8 megs), even taking into account the necessary dotNET libraries.

Emka

#7 Post by Emka »

The website finally seems to be stable and up-to-date again. Blumind seems to be out of beta. Has anyone tested v3.1 for portability?

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

Emka wrote:Has anyone tested v3.1 for portability?
\user\current\AppData\Local\Blumind

- Blumind.xml
- Recents.xml

I am Baas

#9 Post by I am Baas »

Tested version 3.2.902.24361 portable

Download .zip package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch Portable.bat (Blumind.exe -p)

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

The Blumind entry is listing a Google Drive download location. Is that yours, billon?

Humbug

#11 Post by Humbug »

I love this mind manager, but it seems, that it does not reopen tabs after closing the program.
Can anyone check this, please?
You must check "save tabs" in the options.
Open two mindmaps, close Blumind and reopen - both tabs should be reopened.

I thought it worked in the past, but now I can not bring it to work propperly. :-(

toitoy

#12 Post by toitoy »

The latest was Blumind 3.2.1107.18434

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... aKAca-sA9g

This project is on github but github version is strangely older https://github.com/funwaywang/Blumind